Yes, we are still alive.

AC wrote:This community is just amazing. And that's why CJ and I want you to know that we are (1) still among the living, and (2) are continuing to pursue our mutual dream of bringing Tex back for at least one last hurrah. Honestly, I'm not saying this just to give you false hope; on the other hand, nothing may come of it in the end...but things are progressing.

I'll make you all at least one solid promise: There will be another Tex story, whether it's in game form or in text. If the game thing doesn't work out, I swear on Sammy Davis Jr.'s grave that I will finish off the Tex saga, if only in text.

It's come to my attention that some of you were curious about what happened after the sinking of the S.S. Indiebuilt back in April. For those who care, there were many reasons why this happened, but the best explanation is that the videogame industry is a seething cauldron of stress, unpredictably, and bottom lines. You have to be flexible and lucky to make it, both as an individual and as a studio. Indiebuilt didn't have what it took to survive.

After the scuttling, most of the Indiebuilt people were able to find jobs with either the handful of videogame studios in the Salt Lake City area or with Microsoft. As for the old Tex Murphy crew, while CJ was long gone by then, Doug Vandegrift ended up working for a small game company in SLC, and Jon Clark left the gaming industry and is now teaching.

As for me, I was very fortunate to have been approached by Ubisoft, actually BEFORE Indiebuilt shut down. I met their people at E3 and then flew to Montreal to meet the team. After a ton of paperwork and legal wrangling, I was hired as a Creative Director and began work on July 3rd.

The only problem was I wanted to maintain my ties to Utah (house, family, chance to work again with CJ, etc.), so Ubisoft and I agreed on a pretty unique work situation: I work in Montreal for three weeks each month (give or take) and spend the rest of the time in Salt Lake City. This sort of arrangement wouldn't work for everybody, but it's great for me. Montreal is a wonderful city and living in the middle of downtown is about as different as you can get from our pastoral existence in the suburbs of Bountiful, Utah!

Ubisoft is a great company to work for and our project is very exciting. I'll be sure to share details when I can. In the meantime, just know that your support and patience is keeping us focused and moving closer to our shared goal of a Tex encore!

Oh, and I refuse to believe that it's been 10 years since Pandora was released...

Aaron
Well u put it in writing now well wont let go any more in fact is this a good time to start nagosiations for the other series about our beloved tex murphty:

Tex Murphy the student years (a 10 part series giving us cases of the first time tex got involed into detective angencies while still in school.)
Young Tex Murphy (A 24 part series showing us all his earlyer case.)

the ofcourse the 10 part special afther tex and chelsee got maried and started a brand new agency tiwh all new cases.

OKOK i admid im probebly puching it but i just wanted to leat u know in my own silly way how happy i am to hear from u once more and even to give us all texoholics some hope into a ending of the saga.

Greatings Tex.
Live is too short to waste it make sure its with the one u love !
MAIL : [email protected]
It's great to hear from you again AC, and it's also down to your kind support that makes this community keep ticking so we can't take all the credit. It's really refreshing to hear some news. It's great to know that you still have a job and that they seem to be friendly and flexible.
Tex in any form/media will be wonderful. The story and characters are so well-written that even with the audio radio theater episodes they were very much 'alive' even without visuals.
I wish you all the very best! Good luck in your new position.
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
One Word: Fantasticallyawesomeamazingnessomgthankyou!

~Keck
release the source code of previous tex murphy games, please.
Like that, we can remake the engines and use the datas to play them in an hopefully easier and fancier way on modern systems.
(And we could fix some bugs as well)

The idea is not making a new tex murphy games with your rights, just remaking the old games.

Thank you. (if you read this)
Thus spake Zarathustra
Thank you for the update Aaron and make sure to say "Hi" to CJ from all of his adoring fans.

This is the best news I've heard in over a year! Quite honestly I don't care if Tex is continued in radio, "tex-t," or game form. What matters is that the Tex story is given the ending it so well deserves.

Thanks again, and hey, DON'T BE A STRANGER around here!
Thanks for checking in and letting us know about your new job....good luck with that.....and for the update about Tex. I just finished reading THE PANDORA DIRECTIVE and loved every word. Tex is such a great character. I love the idea of noir in the future. I loved all the games and have played them many, many times. Lines from them have become household phrases. I'll wait patiently until we hear about Tex's next saga.
Take care.
Kait
zarathoustra I asked James to see if Aaron would release the source code for us, but still have heard anything, I hope we'll get it soon.
Bjyman wrote:zarathoustra I asked James to see if Aaron would release the source code for us, but still have heard anything, I hope we'll get it soon.
Oo how wonderful would it be to have access (:lol: ) to the source code AND original footage. I bet the game would come out fantastic, for it could only improve.
"Wer ein holdes Weib errungen..."

"My religion is the one in which Haydn is pope" - by me.

"Set a course, take it slow, make it happen."
Bjyman wrote:zarathoustra I asked James to see if Aaron would release the source code for us, but still have heard anything, I hope we'll get it soon.
I doubt we'll ever get an answer...
Thus spake Zarathustra
How about the Tex Murphy Christmas Special?

With Bea Arthur, Charles Nelson Reiley, and Grace Jones? Tex can investigate who's trying to put an end to life day, and save christmas for countless mutants, and wookies alike!

Seriously though, we need another Tex. If only a 10-20 minute movie, just to wrap up Overseer, and find out why someone would want to kill Tex. A game or book would be nice as well.
Just thinking...I know, it's dangerous....but picture this, Ubisoft does Tex Murphy.....Would you play Tex on an x-box? Tex....on a big screen TV....popping one liners in surround sound.....OK, I'll stop dreaming....later.
Kait
Ahh... some good news... at last! :D
How about some good PROVES, Mr. Conners? Is it difficult question, eh? :wink:
Truly yours,
Alexander.
(С уважением,
Александр).
I've said this before and I am saying it again - I will Tex any way the guys present him. It doesn't matter if he's a real actor or animated as long as he returns to fill our lives with a greater purpose.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
Stop dreaming, it will likely not happend, we are all in a cimetery.
Long lives Tex Murphy!
I am seriously pessimistic about a new (quality) tex murphy adventure (i didn't like overseer that much).
I think the best one can hope, is that either one of us get rich, or that they (whoever, aaron coners or chris jones, or both) releases the old source code to the public so fans can work with it, and hopefully make something cool 10 years later.
But i really don't expect a studio to invest 10 millions dollars in tex murphy.

PS: i would invest more but that's just in case i get rich, and can invest in a really cool idea for tex murphy.
PS2: well, i say pessimistic, but i could say realistic as well...
PS3: not yet in stores...
Thus spake Zarathustra
Jim the old guy wrote:I've said this before and I am saying it again - I will Tex any way the guys present him. It doesn't matter if he's a real actor or animated as long as he returns to fill our lives with a greater purpose.
I agree, Jim, but I need proves.
Truly yours,
Alexander.
(С уважением,
Александр).