UPDATE ON NOVELS

Just got my book! :happydance: What a nice beginning to the weekend. I can already hear Chris' voice in my head as Tex while I read his comments. Good job, Aaron.

Oh, you guys were right about the scrawled handwriting. A "c" and then a squiggly line for his last name. :lol:
@AC, I noticed that the previous novels are not available for Kindle on Amazon. Any chance that's going to change?
Anybody want to comment on the storyline in the novel? Or is it too soon....too many spoilers?
I'll be releasing new editions of the two older novels in the next 10-12 days. They've been extensively updated with new content and they'll also include new forewords by me and Chris Jones. They'll be renamed to "Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon" and "Tex Murphy and the Pandora Directive" and have brand-new covers in the style of the "Tex Murphy and the Tesla Effect" paperback cover.

These new editions will be available just like the Tesla novel - signed copies available from my website, unsigned copies from Amazon and for Kindle.

Even if you've read the older versions of the novels, I think you'll really enjoy these new editions!

I'll post more updates when the books are close to being published.

Thanks for the interest and support!

Aaron
Can you elaborate on the motivation for the new content? Like is it more to be consistent with the PC games or a reboot?
Thanks Aaron. I'll get them on Kindle. As I stated much earlier in this thread, I need to downsize in preparation for the next stage in life -- really no point in acquiring more physical stuff that I won't be able to keep.
Bjyman, the new editions are not reboots, just updates. Here are the types of updates I've made:

1) There were some inconsistencies with backstory, dates, names, etc. that I wanted to address.
2) Also, there were elements from the game stories that were not in the books originally, but have become important aspects of the Tex Murphy mythos, so I've made some additions.
3) Over the past 15 years, book structure has changed to shorter chapters. In the new novel, chapters run 5-6 pages. In the old edition of Pandora, chapters ran 7-8 pages and, in Killing Moon, some chapters ran 15 pages or longer! With these new editions, I wanted to keep the pacing of the books as similar as possible, so I broke up longer chapters and added new content for the beginnings and ends of those new chapters.
4) Lastly, I've become a much better writer over the years, so I did a "polish" on the full manuscripts to make them as smooth, well-paced and readable as possible.

For what it's worth, my test readers have enjoyed the updates very much. The stories will be just as you remember them, just a bit deeper and better-told.

Aaron
What a year for the Tex Murphy franchise, eh? One brand new game, five games on sale, two remastered books, and a new one off the press... and a paaartriiiidge in a peartreeeee!

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
Elated. The thing about shorter chapters is interesting. I really hadn't noticed the trend.
Actually I have noticed shorter chapters in a recent book I read. I thought it was just one author's idiosyncrasy. I had no idea it was an industry trend.
Samantha

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
I wonder if it's a way to hold onto readers with shorter attention spans? Especially if the chapters end on a mini-cliffhanger.
Is that your polite way if saying people are getting dumber?

That's how I'm feeling these days as people seem to read less and keep coming up with stupid abbreviations for all the texting that they do.
Samantha

Abbreviations are bad enough. But I have a major, psychotic freakin' HATRED for portmanteaus. That, and the way every minor scandal gets the "-gate" suffix.

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
Not quite sure what you have against portmanteaux - they've been part of the evolution of English for hundreds of years.
They've just gotten out of control. Seems like they are making up crazy new words everyday. I can't tell you how stupid things like Sharknado and Snowmageddon sound.

And don't get me started on Brangelina or Kimye. Ugh. *shudders*
Samantha