Plan 9 - Finally! An Announcement!

Video Announcement:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GodOPoyN ... e=youtu.be

Hello FOT,

Well, as many of you have suspected (or possibly read in “GamesTM”) we are working on a new Tex Murphy game. (Better late than never, right?... right? )
We made a decision within the past few months that now was the time to complete the Tex Storyline. We could not wait any longer. We agreed that we needed to finish the story, although it had to be a more "modest" game design since Big Finish Games is a small gaming studio.

However, with the recent Kickstarter success stories for other Adventure Games - Double Fine Adventure & Wasteland 2 - we saw an opportunity to create a game of a larger scale. So, with that in mind, we hope to bring the next Tex Murphy game to an a much bigger, dare I say, epic level - More actors, locations, broader stories and yes - even meaningful, varied story paths. With these elements, we have a better chance of expanding the audience and a better chance of commercial success and continuation. All of this would allow us to make a true Adventure game with Immersive 3D world, Full Motion Video, and longer game play.
On May 15, we are going to launch a Kickstarter page to help raise funding for the project. As we prepare to film the Kickstarter video, we’re interested in feedback from you guys about what fundraising incentives you would like to see. Old Games? New Games? Tote Bags? T-Shirts, Posters, Artwork, Autographs, dinner for two? Dinner for three? Carl Kasell’s voice on your home answering machine? Let us know!

We also to get you involved in making the video. We want “Tex Murphy Testimonials” – written or video testimonials about what you loved about the prior games. We will incorporate some of these testimonials into our video and post others on our website or YouTube page.
If you would like to send us feedback or get involved, please fill out the form on Big Finish’s contact page: http://bigfinishgames.com/contact

Thank you for sticking with us! We've really appreciated your patience and loyalty and hope to give you guys an awesome game!

Thanks,
Chris
great news chris, no everyone can sleep, we have been hanging since 7am this morning
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Praise be!!
~ Member: Tex Murphy's Mutant League, Crazy 888's Chapter~
*Revitalizing Old San Francisco's Chandler Avenue District With Style*

(also known as Steve Douglas, but usually by people less awesome than UTMers)
Fantastic to see things set in motion! We're all behind you and Aaron and looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
Looking forward to the Kickstarter, I will certainly be donating...

Apologies for skepticism... I hope with all my heart that the Kickstarter is as big a success for you as it was for others, even more so... Thank you for you devotion to your fans... Though I've had my skepticism in the past, I would still support and wait another 10+ years if need be...

Best of luck to Big Finish... Lets make this happen...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Thanks for the good news Chris. You look like a million bucks big guy.
Travis Jacobs

"You might not sound so idiotic if there were at least something excitable in my post to begin with..." --Baf
So excited now!! Loved the video :)
ChrisJones wrote:
Carl Kasell’s voice on your home answering machine? Let us know!
:lol: Classic!!

Thanks for the dedication to us, the fans. We stuck around because we care about this storyline and this character. We never gave up on you because we knew that you wouldn't give up on us. Great announcement, Chris! A great day for gaming!
"Some men aren’t looking for anything logical. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”
I loved it. We've raised tens of dollars. That's the great sense of humor I miss from UAKM. Thanks for the wonderful news.

Dinner with you two guys would be a dream come true. I'll start rolling my pennies.
Samantha

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Anyone notice the YouTube URL? Auspicious...
~ Member: Tex Murphy's Mutant League, Crazy 888's Chapter~
*Revitalizing Old San Francisco's Chandler Avenue District With Style*

(also known as Steve Douglas, but usually by people less awesome than UTMers)
Last edited by basti on March 20, 2012 • 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, finally!

Count Germany's largest adventure community-resource in with all the news coverage:

http://www.adventure-treff.de/kommentar.php?newsid=5720

I'm a little worried about keeping the momentum until May 15th, which is a good damn long time. Let's hope we all can keep up the energy until then!
So happy!
If you can't be good, be careful
Thanks for the update, Chris!
Sweet! :D
Great News !! :D