Three Cards to Midnight FAQs

Hello from Aaron & Chris!

It's good to see the (mostly) positive response to our teaser for TCM! We're as excited as anyone about the upcoming game and we look forward to sharing more information and, eventually, a more detailed trailer and an interactive demo. These will be available sometime soon on our new website (http://www.threecardstomidnight.com).

I know people have a lot of questions and, though we're not ready to divulge everything, I'll be happy to provide a few more details. So, if you have questions, post them here and I'll put together a list of FAQs and answers later this week.

One big question that's already come up is about the role of Tarot and Tarot cards in the game. In Three Cards to Midnight, the Tarot cards are not used in the traditional sense (i.e. fortune telling); they are used to represent people and places important to the story and are not part of the actual gameplay.

We want to make clear that is not a Tarot-reading sim or a virtual Ouija board. The story isn't centered around the Tarot. The cards are used for their intriguing symbolism and unique visual appeal.

In addition to answering FAQs this week, we hope everyone will try to tune in to Blog Talk Radio at http://www.alternativereel.com next Monday night. The podcast will be available after, but you can call in during the live show and hopefully we'll get a chance to chat with you! Check the topic for more information.

Thanks again for all your interest and support!

Aaron
The link to the Blog Talk Radio Show:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/Alternativ ... -Interview

Unfortunately you may notice the mispelling of Aaron's name in the link. That is all my fault. I'd fix it if I could, but I'm informed it is too late for that.
Only 'mostly' positive responses? Gimme the names of the people who weren't positive, and we'll see if kneecap-removal can't brighten their disposition :D

Also, I am very intrigued by the use of tarot cards in the story, combined with the idea that three tarot cards were made especially for the game. This is where one usually says the plot thickens.

Am spreading word around me and mine, and various other sites I visit. I still say TCM-rolling is a good way to go ;)

Thanks for the heads up.

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
Fred Buer wrote:Only 'mostly' positive responses? Gimme the names of the people who weren't positive, and we'll see if kneecap-removal can't brighten their disposition :D

Am spreading word around me and mine, and various other sites I visit. I still say TCM-rolling is a good way to go ;)

Thanks for the heads up.

-Fred
YOU TCM roll, and I'll break your knee caps my friend!!!! :twisted:
Last edited by joliet_jane on August 18, 2008 • 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks, more information about the project would be useful for us to ask relevant questions for next week's radio podcast. So... the basic stuff...

-- what platforms? System requirements?
-- What did you use to make it? Flash? Something else?
-- languages?
-- Input devices? (mouse/keys)
-- Genre?
-- how much $$$
-- Is it a female protagonist, as I gather from the trailer?
One big question that's already come up is about the role of Tarot and Tarot cards in the game. In Three Cards to Midnight, the Tarot cards are not used in the traditional sense (i.e. fortune telling); they are used to represent people and places important to the story and are not part of the actual gameplay.
Aw, I didn't mean it like that. :cry: :)
It's totally personal anyway. In contrast, my best friend would say "It has Tarot in it? Awesome!"
Fred Buer wrote:Only 'mostly' positive responses? Gimme the names of the people who weren't positive, and we'll see if kneecap-removal can't brighten their disposition :D
Me and McDonis but you can't hurt us it's about religion and that would be a hate crime (and I like my knees as they are!)
... But it's cool now anyway :mrgreen:
Jen, Jen, Jen. Peeeaaace. Mellow out, dudette.... :D

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
Peace..... :lol:
I was just messing with you!

BTW, it's tough to be mellow, AC and AC on the boards on the same day?
Heeere, dude. Have a tug on this, riiight? It'll help you mellow right the frack out.

*Passes Jen the rope tied to the sledgehammer above the door*

-Fred
joliet_jane wrote:(and I like my knees as they are!)
You're knees will remain the same, they just might no longer be attached to the thighs or the calves and shins... :mrgreen:

As for Questions...

The game play interface, is it going to be somewhat like it was in the Tex Adventures, mostly point and click with the Movie Cut Scenes???

How long will the Interactive Demo be???

Are there Live Actors in this game or is it all cartoon and animation???
Not that it makes much of a difference, just trying to get a better overall picture of things...

Not completely game related, but there has been some conflict of interest on how to spread the word... Do you have recommendations for how we go about that, aside from the bombarding of other game Forums and websites...
Is there anything we can do in a physical sense in our local communities???
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
i'm gonna have to confessed to you guys but AC I had to slip the news now.
My fellow TMs fans I am one of the main character and voice over for Three Cards to Midnight Game!;) (ain't that be something. hehe.)-thats was a joke. bad joke.

AC-Chris Jones be VO in the game?
AC-What Program you are using for Three Cards to Midnight Game? 3d studio, Adobe software's, others programs?
AC-When did you came up with the game Three Cards to Midnight?

thats it for now or we could do another unrelated...

AC-Jen can give you a free massages (She professional in her state) to release the stress of overworking yourself with Three Cards to Midnight along with Chris Jones, you got time for that? She'll not charge you but she probably expect a free autograph and a picture with Chris Jones in his Tex Murphy outfit and wearing his PI hat standing next to Jen with a big smile or goofy look or his traditional by having honor of dancing with Jen like in Under Killing Moon ending. :mrgreen:
just teasing ya Jen.
RyanPatton wrote:
AC-Jen can give you a free massages (She professional in her state) to release the stress of overworking yourself with Three Cards to Midnight along with Chris Jones, you got time for that? She'll not charge you but she probably expect a free autograph and a picture with Chris Jones in his Tex Murphy outfit and wearing his PI hat standing next to Jen with a big smile or goofy look or his traditional by having honor of dancing with Jen like in Under Killing Moon ending. :mrgreen:
just teasing ya Jen.

HAHAHA!!!! That is funny. I would indeed. But I can skip the dancing, the photo, the autograph and the outfit..... :mrgreen:

My only question is, where do I pay for my copy(ies)?

Jen
Thanks for the update. :)
As far as the FAQ goes:

Is there anything you can spoil about the mainprotagonist yet? ( Beside the question whether it´s a female or male character)

In what form will the game be released ? Download only, or will it hit the shops in the traditional way?
Hi Aaron, thanks again for dropping by.

My question isn't exactly FAQ material, more of an interview question, but i'll ask it anyway. I have two questions, the second being much shorter and straight forward than that of the first.

The 1990s was politically, socially, economically and technologically a different different time compared to now. When making the TM games back then, you and Chris seemed to inject a great deal of those topical issues relevabt to the 1990s into the TM universe.

Now, in 2008, while making Three Cards, has that mindset of addressing contemporary issues changed at all? Has the world for you as artists changed so much that you feel the need to re-invent your approach to your art (apart from the obvious of not having the funding and approval of access to back you up)? Or is the terrain for this game so different, addressing social issues seemed overly obvious and thus needed to adopt a fresh approach?

Not sure if you've noticed, but the Nintendo DS is attracting some rather eclectic gaming for what is a highly mainstream gaming and lifestyle tool. Amongst the ranks of gaming, there seems to be a great deal of adventure gaming on it where appeal is growing bigger and bigger. Any intentions of maybe porting Three Cards over to DS?
Well I've been seduced by the trailer and the notion of a new game from the AC & CJ combination has certainly piqued my interest.

What I'd like to know being an oldish kinda person is whether my elderly computer will be able to cope with the game.

Actually it's not THAT old and has a good video card that copes with the latest games.

Well, what I want to know - will the game be released on a PC platform? Damned if I'm going to buy an XBox or Playstation console for any game.

Also system requirements would be handy to know.
AC wrote:Hello from Aaron & Chris!

We want to make clear that is not a Tarot-reading sim or a virtual Ouija board. The story isn't centered around the Tarot. The cards are used for their intriguing symbolism and unique visual appeal.

Thanks again for all your interest and support!

Aaron

Thanks for the info Aaron, you didnt have to say that and I appreciate that you did. I am looking foward to hearing more and wish you and Chris the best of luck with your new game.