Three Cards to 11:30

maybe we have been heading for the biggest april fools joke of all time.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
plumgas wrote:maybe we have been heading for the biggest april fools joke of all time.
That would be genius, right? :lol:
Nothing against Mr. Conners, but when anyone connected with releasing a piece of technology, be it software or hardware, says it will be ready in February, you may reasonably expect to have it in your hands by the summer.

That said, whoa. I haven't been to this site in a couple years, and AC is posting here about a new game?
The first release date was back in October, it was suppose to be ready by Halloween... Then they said by Christmas and now they said February...

I don't mind that they are taking their time... I would much rather have something of Good Quality over something that I need to download a new patch for every week because they sent it out with so many bugs that it ruined the picnic, know what I'm saying...

The fact that they have made the commitment to announce that there was going to be a New game and have already released Demos to Reviewers and Screenshots, is enough of a commitment for me to wait...

Not much different than Gray Matter... I only learned about this game a few months ago, but also learned that it has been pretty much completed and promised to be release for over 3 or 4 years now... But I seriously doubt that anyone is going to turn a cold shoulder to it when it finally hits the shelves...
And I haven't heard anyone say they will turn a cold shoulder to 3 Cards when it is ready either...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
I personally think that as the game keeps getting delayed it is building anticipation.

This could be a very good thing or it could backfire.

Because as anticipation goes up, so do expectations.
I know my expectations keep going up for this game.

AC and CJ never failed to deliver with a tex game, so I am hoping the same for this.

The other thing too is that if the game gets delayed too long.... then you have the Grey
Matter problem. People start to lose interest.

I think it would have to be delayed a rediculously long time though for that to happen.
Of course... we've all waited this long.

What's another few months. =)
Matt
I can't believe it has been 11 years since a new Tex game.

-Cub. =o)
Cubase wrote:I can't believe it has been 11 years since a new Tex game.

-Cub. =o)
:shock:

Ouch... That just makes me feel even older...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

11 years, you mean to say I have been hanging around this forum for 11 years!!!
Lynne
haha yep! 12 for me, since I first joined. That's literally half my life... to think I was 12/13 years old when I first started posting. I wish I could read my posts from back then and see what I sounded like.

-Cub. =o)
Something tells me that they are archived away, and you could go looking for them.

The old board is still there, and more stable than in the past.

:lol:

t minus 1hour 54 minutes till Watchmen, heading to the theatre now. :D
I did't finding any posts before 2000 on the old board
Lynne
Holy cow. That means that I have been here for 8 years. I was in my second year in high school when I joined this board. Man Bafitis I'm right there with yea, I feel really old now.

You know, I have been thinking of starting a topic for people to post when they joined this board just for fun. I may do that soon.
"If at first you don't succeed,
redefine sucess."
- Sowden
www.nineteenthstar.cjb.net
www.sowden.cjb.net
I may not have been with this community long, but I've been a Tex Fan just about as long as everyone here... So yeah I feel pretty old... It's been over 20 years since the release of Mean Streets...

Okay I gotta stop, I'm gonna end up sick... lol

I wish I could read my posts from back then and see what I sounded like.
I don't. My English was way too bad :P
Part-Time Nomad
I've lurked for about 8-9 years, and posted actively for 5 of them... The last two, I've sort of been a bad boy?

~Keck