Howdy from Aaron & Chris

Fantastic news.I can't wait.
Thanks a lot.
I can't believe that there would be no budget for a Tex Murphy Game??? It just doesn't make sense...

Surely the fan base alone should warrant a budget... Not to mention games like this are rarely down anymore, it's time to bring them back... Kids are getting too involved with blowing up aliens and other things that are way too violent... Sure Tex had violence, but nothing like Halo or other things that are out...
You'd think someone would be willing to jump at a more in depth Tex Murphy that in AC's words "Would Kick Pandora's ASS"... Like many others I would have to agree that Pandora was my favorite... But I enjoyed them all enough to play over and over again...

Games like these involve the player, they pull you into the game... If something happens to Tex, it happens to you... When he is upset for some reason you find yourself upset... Once he gets angry at something, you find yourself snapping at other people for no reason... lol That's what a game is all about, Involving you...

What kind of Money would be needed to get some thing like "Tex Murphy: Reborn" off the ground??? :?:

If a world wide collection were taken from the Tex Murphy Fans around the world, along with a willingness of paying for the game when it came out...
I think the numbers would be quite astounding... :shock:

Just a thought, I tend to ramble when I think...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Bafitis wrote:
Games like these involve the player, they pull you into the game... If something happens to Tex, it happens to you... When he is upset for some reason you find yourself upset... Once he gets angry at something, you find yourself snapping at other people for no reason... lol That's what a game is all about, Involving you...
I agree on that, a really good game needs a very strong maincharacter and if he is a good one, you really care about whats happening to him, and you really feel as a part of the whole thing. This is were a lot of recent adventure games have failed in my opinion.
If a game has a maincharacter that is completely superficial then there is no reason to care about him, which means the chance that the game can drag you into it´s world is very small. ( Black mirror for example).
And beside the Gabriel Knight games I have never experienced anything dragging me into the games´ universe as deep as the Tex games. But both series were written by people who were not only computergame people but authors and both series really remind me of a very good novel, with all it´s depth and complexity-
The way the whole character Tex Murphy is written and how Chris Jones plays him is really unique!
Well I posted that 3 days ago, no one seems to agree with me...

You all don't think that a Donation/Collection for a New Tex Murphy would work???

This has to be done before Chris gets too old... I just don't think I could get involved with a different Tex Murphy... Chris IS Tex Murphy... I don't think anyone else could pull it off...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

We don't think it'll work simply because there's not a wet snowball's chance in the fiery depths of hell that the few (relative) Tex-fans around the world could collect the minimum of 10 million dollars required to get started on ONE new Tex-game if it were to be done with FMV and such nice luxuries.

Aaron's words. I paraphrase.

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
Yeah I ended up reading that after posting...

But still, you'd be surprised how much money can be raised for things... Maybe Aaron or Chris or both could cut a deal with, if the fan base is able to raise half, would the company be willing to match it... It would show the loyalty of the customers so they know that the game would be purchased... And if we blow it up enough around the Net we'll bring in a new audience and new fan base...
It would be like Star Wars, Lucas was still against making those 3 movies... But he did it any way, against his own beliefs, to try and guide a new generation into something old... It worked...
The New Indiana Jones movie is going to be doing the same thing... I don't think it is going to work for the New Star Trek that is going to be coming out though...

You never know when you just might advertise enough and reach a Tex Murphy Fan who has some money... Just because you don't find them on a Message Board like this, doesn't mean they don't exist... Hell, I've been a Murphy Fan for over 15 years, more than half my life... And look at my Join Date... I just joined this message board... Sadly I had put Tex Murphy out of my mind, even though the games Stare down at me from my CD Rack 2 feet above my head... Until I came across Tex at IMDB.com... I just about flipped out when I did some easy searches and found these sites...

Sometimes bringing back the old is the only way to make something new...

So tell me this, what kind of money would it take to reconfigure the 3 Main Tex Games to play on computers such as XP and Vista without all these subprograms... You know, how they did Police Quest, Space Quest, King's Quest, and Leisure Suit Larry... What would it take to reconfigure and then Mass-Produce... Maybe the money to do another Tex could be raised that way...

Three words for ya: Jar Jar Binks

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
If AC or CJ still had the original film shots from the 3 games it may be possible to enhance them further. Else you'd be just porting the game.. which IMO is pointless when you consider how cool the game would be in a higher definition.

A guy can dream right :D

its too hard to try and convert UAKM since we don't have any software to rip the sprites and FMVs with.
Surely they have the Films siting in a storage/warehouse of some kind some where aren't they??? Be kind of dumb to just up and get rid of it, no matter how old and out dated it gets... I'm sure it has to be sitting somewhere...

Sucks about Moon though, that was a good game along with the others...

I just feel there has to be a way... But I'm not that Knowledgeable in Software and Computer Technology anymore... I'm optimistic that way...

Everyone Start Chanting With Me...

Bring Tex Back...

Bring Tex Back...

Bring Tex Back...

Come On, Everybody...

:twisted:

I'm so thankful for having found this forum. It's great knowing I'm not a lonely Tex's fan anymore.
Nice to hear from you AC. I'll keep visiting the forum and supporting you guys as much as I can.
Cheers from Brazil!
actually its not just the old tex fans its the new ones who are just discovering tex & playing on dos box .
On ebay in au I have seen TM games go for just as much money as the game cost brand new as a current release. Its still listed in top 10 best ever adventure game.

I would like to see the best bits of all three games wrapped up into one game.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Not sure how we could show the Fan Base to Publishers though... They just don't feel it is worthy funding... Which really sucks...

Welcome Pedrao!!! So good to see another Tex fan surface, especially from South America.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
Thanks, Jim. I've been looking for some place like this for a long time now. Actually, I've registered to this forum some time ago but never posted on any thread.
I feel lucky to have played The Pandora Directive 10 years ago or more. Somehow ppl who haven't, missed a great experience that time and even today Tex's games are really great.
This community is really nice and helpful. :D
Honestly I think me and cub could do some re-mastering of the film and game elements, the only thing we'd be lacking is the 3D engine unless someone knew how to build one. The models shouldn't be too hard to make due to their low poly nature anyway.

I think the Film element is easy, making some cool blade runner esque changes would be cool where we make the games a bit more truer to today's technology in terms of resolution. I'd argue that its a cool idea and I'd be more than happy to work on it, but then I shouldn't say that since I do have a $#it load on my plate atm. Would someone mind asking AC or CJ about the original negative/film unedited please since if its still in good condition and can be used to get a higher resolution, the potential to remake the previous games is pretty good.

Ideally I thought it would have been cool to re-do Martian Memorandum as a full 3D animation game/movie as well because it has a style that dates back to the origins of why I love tex so much. Its that whole comic book feel, this is why UAKM is my fav out of the series, despite that Pandora is far more advanced and I love it too, it just was a bit more serious than UAKM, but has some AWESOME moments that make me crack up :D.