A little bird told me...

This is some great news, man. Very heart-warming, too. I love it when game designers keep taking care of their brain children. I hope you can pull it off; there are certainly enough disappointments to go around.
Glad to see some good news..

Thanks Aaron
wonder if there is anymore new's, everytime i think there might be a new tex game i feel the need to change my underwear :twisted:
Hello, I am french.

I love tex, and when I read things like AC told us, I become happy.
It should be for me a dream to play tex again, and I would do anything I can to ressucite my favorite PI. With no doubt, I will pay this game, and I will speak about tex all around me to make sure AC will have money he merit. Yes AC, you have made the best game I have ever played: Under a killing moon, and it will be also my dream if you continue to do it: making a fabulous game like Under a killing moon, waoo!

Régis
It has been a long time since I made any posts here. Had a diffrent username back then (exorone I think...).

Just screened the topics and my jaw almost hit the floor when I read ACs message!!!

This must happen this time, I will walk trough ice and fire to get the final chapter of TM (and for all you game-makers in the world; do NOT end your games with cliff-hangers!! :twisted: )

I'll be back 8)
WOW! XO, SF, or whatever, great to see you here again!

Yes, it would be wonderful to have the final TM chapters, whether in written word or game venue. We are still keeping the faith!
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
If it was a book I'd hope for a trilogy :P AC wrote 3 Stories (Trance,Chance,Polarity) after Overseer so I'm sure they could all be used.
Game wise though don't bet your luck on a trilogy, we'll be lucky to get one :D
mr_cyberpunk wrote:If it was a book I'd hope for a trilogy :P AC wrote 3 Stories (Trance,Chance,Polarity) after Overseer so I'm sure they could all be used.
Game wise though don't bet your luck on a trilogy, we'll be lucky to get one :D
I tend to agree. I think there is 1 more game left in Tex, but due to budget and time constraints, I think 1 is the limit which is a real shame. Who knows, maybe from a trillogy of novels could spawn a film followed by further PC installments.

It would also depend on the style of game too, if AC is going for an Interactive Movie, i'm not confident we'd be graced with more than 1.
I'd advise against a movie of TM because of the 2hour time restrain, I think only UAKM could have worked as a film but the rest are just too long.

Meanwhile it'd be great to have another chat with AC if possible, Chris and Adrian too but I doubt we could get all 3 together :D.
Having reread Aaron's message now, did we ever hear anything more about the project that AC and CJ had lined up to pave the way for more Tex? That message was 5 months ago now.... :(
We haven't heard anything yet, but I expect it will be soon.
Travis Jacobs

"You might not sound so idiotic if there were at least something excitable in my post to begin with..." --Baf
If the first game is succesful I dont see why there cant be more.
Because game publishers are bastards to deal with. Getting just one game is hard enough. Getting 2 or 3 would be literally impossible unless it was a good IP that could be milked (aka Deus Ex, Theif, System Shock.. basically any game made by Warren Spector lol :D)
Wow, I've been lurking on these boards for close on 7 years (on and off - not constantly - I've got to pee sometime), and this is the first time I've posted.

Thanks to all of the classy members here that keep me coming back and looking for more tidbits about everybody's favorite PC P.I. Like everyone else who posted in this thread, I'm all a-flutter at the sheer possibility. Even if it never actually happens, the hope is a wonderful thing.

Cheers to you all and AC and CJ specifically.
I just wish I had a nickel for every brilliant idea I ever had...wait...oh, darn...I do.
Glad you're posting, keep it up. Nice to have another Virginiaite round these parts.
Travis Jacobs

"You might not sound so idiotic if there were at least something excitable in my post to begin with..." --Baf