UOTM Version 6.0 - Wish List

I'm somewhat of a pro with Photoshop so I could help with the interface graphics if you'd like. I just got kicked of my previous project today, so I can help the community out.
I dig the site except for it is tiny visually. I have my monitors set to a higher screen resolution so it's always smaller than intended. Now I am not suggesting that you make everything bigger just have it scalable to the visitor's screen. No clue if that is hard to do or not. I am assuming it is as everything on the web seems to be a hassle.

Another cool thing to add to the site would be the trailers in larger format. The original trailers were the very things that got me interested in Tex in the first place. I wouldn't mind seeing them larger than a teeny thumbnail size. Maybe you can host them on YouTube if there is a bandwidth concern. Other pointless media would be cool like sound bites and pictures. Alright MORE pictures.

Another thing that I personally would love to see is a Tex quote section. I am an avid MSN Messenger user and would love to toss on a Texism or 2 as my MSN name from time to time.

Now this one might not be as cool but could be interesting but have a fan art section, or even better a fan media section. I know I for one would love to start making some 3D Tex stuff. Maybe even put some visuals to go with that ol' radio show they got goin'. Think of a comic book style with occasional interjected motion video segments. The best example I could think of is the Max Payne series . . . except with occasional motion video. Alright that actually sounds way cooler than when I first started writing this paragraph. Hmmm anyone else wanna help tackle that? I am gonna do it regardless I think (dependent on time) but you know more hands on could make it real interesting. Actually now that I think of it that could be a helluv an undertaking. Meh could be fun, at least I think anyway. I don't suppose that anyone has a face and profile shot of Tex to make into a 3D model eh?
Electron Stu wrote: Another thing that I personally would love to see is a Tex quote section. I am an avid MSN Messenger user and would love to toss on a Texism or 2 as my MSN name from time to time.
Definitely! Great idea. I'd like to see this if nothing else. I mean, I suppose we could create, lock, and sticky a thread of Tex quotes if nothing else.
~ Member: Tex Murphy's Mutant League, Crazy 888's Chapter~
*Revitalizing Old San Francisco's Chandler Avenue District With Style*

(also known as Steve Douglas, but usually by people less awesome than UTMers)
Jerry Dan wrote:
Electron Stu wrote: Another thing that I personally would love to see is a Tex quote section. I am an avid MSN Messenger user and would love to toss on a Texism or 2 as my MSN name from time to time.
Definitely! Great idea. I'd like to see this if nothing else. I mean, I suppose we could create, lock, and sticky a thread of Tex quotes if nothing else.
Here's one started in 2005:
http://www.unofficialtexmurphy.com/phpb ... .php?t=175
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
I just noticed the Characters section is updated with pages you click through. But why arent the Chandler Ave regulars in there?
Bjyman wrote:I just noticed the Characters section is updated with pages you click through. But why arent the Chandler Ave regulars in there?
The "regulars" are featured in the "Main Characters" section under News & Info :)
Hey ho everyone, and Shorah James. I haven't read all the posts, so excuse me if I am reposting what someone said. I would like to see a section for about every Tex game on how to get it to work on a modern day computer. Either threw VMSound or threw DOSBox. And the cool thing about DOSBox is that you can post saved settings files so that you can download it and ajust the settings to fit your computer. Thats just a suggestion. I can't wait to see what you have for us James, and thanks for all your hard work. Later.
"If at first you don't succeed,
redefine sucess."
- Sowden
www.nineteenthstar.cjb.net
www.sowden.cjb.net
Here's a thought ~

In addition to having a section where we can share Tex related stuff, how about we have a section where we can share us related stuff, myspace style, only cleaner. Because right now the profile section consists mostly of technical stuff. What if we could all upload a few images, and write a little more about ourselves, so we can get to know each other a little better aside from making deductions from forum posts - whaddya think?

Bests, Rockefeller 8)
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do"

"ERROR: Error Code Does Not Indicate An Error"