Slick, new interface. Updated graphics. Modern technology...

(...and I'm sure "Project Fedora" will be cool, too. ;))

I think it's safe to say that this has been one of the most exciting weeks to be a Tex Murphy fan that we've had in a long time. The response to "Project Fedora" has been fantastic so far, and we've welcomed a whole new group of members to our hallowed halls.

But over the last few years these halls have become dusty. Some of the doors are off their hinges. Some areas have become inaccessible. The groundskeeper (that would be me) has been neglectful and the weeds are growing; the paint is peeling; the chrome is beginning to rust...

Not for long!

I've had some plans in mind for quite a while now, and Project Fedora has lit a fire under me! Over the next few months I'll be working on the next incarnation of Unofficial Tex Murphy – one which will focus even more on you: the awesome community of Tex fans! And, I'll be asking for your input along the way to help create the best version of UTM to date!

A new Tex Murphy game is coming! A new UnofficialTexMurphy.com isn't far behind!
Last edited by Jerry Dan on May 17, 2012 • 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Great! While you're at it, why not drop off the "un-"? Could it get any more official than this? :wink:
~ Member: Tex Murphy's Mutant League, Crazy 888's Chapter~
*Revitalizing Old San Francisco's Chandler Avenue District With Style*

(also known as Steve Douglas, but usually by people less awesome than UTMers)
I already love the site, and I can't wait to see the next incarnation. Thanks again for providing such a warm and welcoming home for all these years.
Cathy
Jerry Dan wrote:Great! While you're at it, why not drop off the "un-"? Could it get any more official than this? :wink:
Heh, that was a thought in the back of my mind. We're "Official" now!
Cathy
I thought the "unofficial" is what made us official. Just wouldn't be the same without it.

Hammerhead
Over the years, I've always considered the web content provided by the rights-holders to be the "official" Tex Murphy site(s): Access Software, Microsoft, and now Big Finish Games.

At no time has the site been owned or operated by Messrs. Jones and Conners, or their respective companies or employers – hence the "unofficial" status. :)
James LeMosy wrote: I've had some plans in mind for quite a while now, and Project Fedora has lit a fire under me! Over the next few months I'll be working on the next incarnation of Unofficial Tex Murphy – one which will focus even more on you: the awesome community of Tex fans! And, I'll be asking for your input along the way to help create the best version of UTM to date!

A new Tex Murphy game is coming! A new UnofficialTexMurphy.com isn't far behind!
Oh that does sound great James. Since Tex is getting a new lease on life thanks to awesome technology, it seems only right that this website get spruced up too. Looking forward to the new developments here.
Samantha

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Looking forward to a new style. I've still got loads from the earlier versions of UTM backed up if you need, but then again I think you do too, as well as Cub
David
I haven't deleted a thing since 1997 haha. You should see my archives cupboard!

-Cub. =o)