A Bit of Spring Cleaning

Hello all!

I've taken some time today to update the Message Board and Bay City Mirror to the newest version of their respective software releases, as well as the package that integrates the login for both areas. Please let me know if you run into any problems with the upgraded system.

Also, I've modified the Message Board structure a bit. Gone is "The Latest," the posts from which have been distributed between "General" and the new "The Official Word" section. I've also added this new "UTM Announcements" area for general announcements such as this one.

Finally, I've gone ahead and locked the "Fan Art" and "Fan Fiction" areas of the board, in hopes of utilizing the two "Fan" areas of the Community section instead.

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions about these changes.

Thanks!
james

whats the go with messages being approved first
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Accidentally had some of the permission settings set incorrectly when I created the new sections. Should be taken care of now, but let me know otherwise.
Bravo James at your continual commitment to making this community, and its meeting ground, entertaining, functional, easy, and inviting. You do a great job, and I thank you for all the time you give to us!

~Keck
Looking good James... No bugs/problems so far... And I agree with your decision on the Fan Art and Fiction section, seems some weren't looking at the community section too much...

Board is coming along great, I'm happy to be a part of all this... With there being no money involved, most of the people here are beyond dedicated... I wish I had looked for this kind of thing a decade ago instead of just being a player... I've learned quite a bit about the industry in the 14 months, among other things...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Hey James, the community>fan art section is glitching on me, here's the message I get:

"Error: PHP can't write to temp dir ()."

Also I tried to add my recent art thing after you suggested to put it there and it never uploaded it. Now it doesn't even open to the uploader. Thought I'd give you the heads up.
Looking good so far. I just hope I remember to check in the right places for the latest news from Aaron, Chris and Co
David
Electron Stu wrote:Hey James, the community>fan art section is glitching on me, here's the message I get:

Also I tried to add my recent art thing after you suggested to put it there and it never uploaded it. Now it doesn't even open to the uploader. Thought I'd give you the heads up.
Is your File all one word??? I had the same problem when James first put the Fan Art section thing in... You can't have any spaces in your file name...
Not saying that will solve the Error you're getting, but if you have spaces in your File name, it's a place to start...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Bafitis wrote:
Electron Stu wrote:Hey James, the community>fan art section is glitching on me, here's the message I get:

Is your File all one word??? I had the same problem when James first put the Fan Art section thing in... You can't have any spaces in your file name...
Not saying that will solve the Error you're getting, but if you have spaces in your File name, it's a place to start...
I spotted the error Stu was referring to, and I think it should be fixed now. It is working again on my end, at any rate. Let me know if there are still issues, though...

Thanks!
Hey James, I'm not sure if I am viewing the community fan section right or not but I have uploaded that Tex Hope image twice now (once before the error and now after) and I still don't see it in that section. Where's it going? Something eating the hope? Are we doomed to despair?
Not sure what might be happening. When you click the submit button, you should see a progress bar showing the upload taking place, then there should be a message on the next screen that tells you if the upload was successful or not. Do those steps take place? Are you getting any other error messages? What's the filename of your image? If there are any spaces or non-alphanumeric characters in the filename, try removing those and try the upload again.
Yep sure enough it was the file name. For the record if you don't eliminate the spaces it goes all the way through the process except just doesn't show up. No warning no nothing. Just disappears. You may wanna post a simple heads up to all who want to submit stuff.
I had the same problem when I posted my Fan Art... Kept looking like it went through, but then it wasn't there...

I'm having problems with the News & Info, Case Files, Downloads, and Community drop down menus. All I can get to is Community.
Bjyman wrote:I'm having problems with the News & Info, Case Files, Downloads, and Community drop down menus. All I can get to is Community.
What browser are you using? Are you able to post a screenshot of what's happening?