Tex Murphy on YouTube

It seems a lot of Tex Murphy movies have been removed due to terms of service violations. Does anyone know what that's about?
You will probably find that some daft YouTube administrator assumed that it was violating copyrights.... even though the Tex Murphy crew probably did not mind the ocntent being there... unless they did.

-Cub. =o)
Well technically there's probably alot of different copyrights within a game. There's the rights to the character of Tex and his world/concept/misc. characters and so on which is what Aaron got back off Microsoft that time. But then there's also copyrights regarding 3D graphics, music, sound effects and more.
But I think stuff like fan tributes and music videos should be left alone really as free advertising (as with trailers). If it was a speed play of the entire game though then I guess people can see the whole game for free, just looking at it from a commercial point of view.
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
Well the Under A Killing Moon Intro movie is still up.
Hey, does anyone know who put those up in the first place? They may know how to rip movies from UAKM and Pandora, the way Overviewer can from Overseer. Any leads?

-Alexander Winn
Nerrolken
I think I lot of people are recording them with DosBox.
Nerrolken wrote: They may know how to rip movies from UAKM and Pandora, the way Overviewer can from Overseer.
Actually, the movies of the CD version of Overseer are just normal Smacker movies. You don't need Overviewer to watch them, because this is a standard video file format.
(On the other hand this is exactly the reason, WHY Overviewer can show the movies, because it just uses an external player and doesn't decode anything by itself. ;-) )
There is also software that allows you to record whats happening on screen and it then converts that into a video file. I heard the leading software for such a thing is Camtasia but its expensive. There are alternatives though:
here
Or Google "screen recorder" or similar.
Stuff like the Tex Murphy game playthroughs would use software like that.
The Under A Killing Moon intro is down too.
The user account of the person who uploaded them all has been suspended.
Well, is it any big surprise that the hammer is coming down on YouTube? Why get Showtime (I can't actually where I live) when you can watch the latest episode of the L word the morning after? Or any number of shows?
Napster anyone?
Hey, I love Youtube, but it was only a matter of time before people (I mean corporate big wigs) got all pissy.

My .02
Actually funnily enough the frontpage news story for the local free paper here today was about Youtube getting sued yet again. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6446193.stm
I guess big ol' Google can take hits like that.
Anyway, hopefully Youtube lives on through all the hits. There's alot of amazing user-generated content there thats better than alot of whats on TV.