Wanna fill me in?

Well ... ::stretches:: ... ahh .. good to see this post come to an end.
I'm not fat ... I'm festively plump.
We should have like the music from the end of Casablanca to end this thread... like a real symphony-like massive ending...

THE END!

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
But some movies have a small extra scene just after the credits. ;-)

After that the movie really ends!
Threads don't really end, they just lay dorment until they get ressurected by a sequel or miniseries.
My blog:
http://nvracar.wordpress.com/
Mustn't forget all the Making Of specials too.

"I'd like to thank my keyboard, monitor and PC tower for all their hard work in contributing towards making this thread possible. Also that little thing called the internet. It was tough going sometimes when the keyboard almost slipped from my desk, touch and go there as the budget would not stretch to another one. Also there was a bit of a scare when the mouse started squeaking but it turned out it just needed cleaning."
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
And finally we have the finishing "DVD" disc manufacturers label, and all is quiet on the western front. Nothing else happens. All is silent. Seriously. Silent. The End. Over. Nada. Zilch.

::Cocks his shotgun:: ... Now ...
In the old days they wrote ~Fin~

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
This depends also on the country.
In German films the last word would be "Ende".
In America half the time they don't even end. Like the stupid Dead Man's Chest movie. The biggest suprise of the movie was like three seconds before the credits, and you're all like ... "ARGHHH! I have to purchase the third movie which isn't out yet to continue my saga!!!!" ....

Those to be continued movies are like painful. I bet the people that watched Empire Strikes Back had a similar reaction.

Kinda like this thread.
But sequels also get made just for more money. Studios see something that worked and they do it again for a quick buck. There's no love for the content, just for the release. Sort of like this post.
Don't forget the special edition. The tenth anniversy edition. The ulitmate collectors edition. The blue ray edition. The HD edition. The twentieth anniversery edition on blue ray. The..."Gabanzo" edition on blue ray, featuring three discs and a collectable tin case. Oh, it never ends!
My blog:
http://nvracar.wordpress.com/
I have to agree, it never ends. Ever. I mean they're *still* re releasing Star Wars.
But there aren't just re-releases, there are also spin-offs. A Star Wars TV show is in the works to chronicle the events between Episodes 3 and 4. A new Hobbit movie is in the works (I know it's not a spin-off, but it's an extension with the same basic idea...). New stuff just springs up out of the ashes of something previously successful.
Malloy... I am... YOUR MOTHER!! Search your feelings! You KNOW it to be true...

Anyway, did you hear that Peter Jackson may not direct The Hobbit? Universal Studios (or whichever studio it is that owns the rights) dismissed him. There's currently a massive online petition for reinstating him as director.

A story about Middle Earth not directed by Peter Jackson? Meh, I couldn't be arsed to see that, to be honest.

-Fred
Here, here. Any movie with small hairy feeted people will just HAVE to be directed by Peter Jackson. Well except for the Wizard of Oz remake.

By the way Mom, could you do me a favor and not embarass me in front of the others. Jeez.