Need help

I used to play Tex Murphy with my ex. I would love to play them all over again and include the new one. I am running Windows 10. How do I get all the older games on my current computer. Thanks for the help.
Sharon
Hey there Sharon, welcome to the board. All you need to do is go to gog.com, search for Tex Murphy and all of the games are available for purchase, including the newest one. They are really cheap and they are designed to run on the latest computers, no disks required. Hope that helps, later.
"If at first you don't succeed,
redefine sucess."
- Sowden
www.nineteenthstar.cjb.net
www.sowden.cjb.net
Agreed. It's not worth trying to get old, original releases to run.

You can do it, if you really want to, by downloading and installing DOSbox, then testing, testing, testing to find the DOSbox configuration that will work for a specific Tex game. GoG has done that for us.

Also, for OverSeer, they have made it so everyone can run the DVD version of the game, which many couldn't do when the game was released.

Oh, and finally, in case you aren't aware, a group of Tex fans has gotten together and volunteered their time to do a remake of OverSeer, with up-to-date graphics and enhanced video segments. It's called The Poisoned Pawn. The group has adopted Chaotic Fusion as the name of their 'company'. You can find more info at http://www.bigfinishgames.com/forum/poi ... nts-public and http://www.thepoisonedpawn.com/. You can see some demo/trailer videos at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk2FWy429Zg and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxPYM0PHxvA and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zzh_-yAc20. Be aware, there is overlap in these videos.
Just a warning. I have all of the Tex Games on GOG and everything works great except for Overseer. I have Windows 10 64 bit, and I believe that GOG has Windows XP and Vista listed as the supported OS for the game. I have looked at all of the suggestions in the support threads and tried everything I could think of and still get crashes every time.

I just wanted to caution you just in case you have the same problem as me. My plan is to try Overseer out on an older laptop that is running Windows 7. But as the others have said, I'd honestly hold off on Overseer and just get the Poisoned Pawn Remake game that is coming out later this year. It should be in the same polished format as Tesla Effect. Also, keep your eye open for sales. They put the complete set on sale all the time for around 8 or 9 bucks.
From what I've seen of The Poisoned Pawn so far, I would say it's significantly more polished than Tesla Effect.
Hi, Sharon! Nice to meet you. I have Win7 on my PC. Tex games works perfectly. I bought them on the Steam.
Truly yours,
Alexander.
(С уважением,
Александр).
Yes I agree with the others. Just go to GOG and pay the money to get the games in an easy to play format. For the time and effort you have to go through getting the games to work on your own, it's worth it.

Besides as we know, Tex is hard up for money.
Samantha

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Sowden wrote:Hey there Sharon, welcome to the board. All you need to do is go to gog.com, search for Tex Murphy and all of the games are available for purchase Box à Louer, including the newest one. They are really cheap and they are designed to run on the latest computers, no disks required. Hope that helps, later.
Nu am știut niciodată că există acest tip de dispozitiv care face ca computerul dvs. să fie mai eficient. Mulțumesc foarte mult.
harper wrote:Just a warning. I have all of the Tex Games on GOG and everything works great except for Overseer. I have Windows 10 64 bit, and I believe that GOG has Windows XP and Vista listed as the supported OS for the game. I have looked at all of the suggestions in the support threads and tried everything I could think of and still get crashes every time.

I just wanted to caution you just in case you have the same problem as me. My plan is to try Overseer out on an older laptop that is running Windows 7. But as the others have said, I'd honestly hold off on Overseer and just get the Poisoned Pawn Remake game that is coming out later this year. It should be in the same polished format as Tesla Effect. Also, keep your eye open for sales. They put the complete set on sale all the time for around 8 or 9 bucks.
I second that.
Even back in the days, Overseer rarely proved to be a smooth ride... :roll:

Recently, I've managed to play through the GOG version of Overseer on Windows7 without pulling my hair out too much; there were a few glitches here and there... Had an evenly bumpy ride with the original on Windows 98 back then, if memory serves. .. :lol:
the computers these days are 64 bit and the old cd don't run on windows 10,
go to gog or steam but gog is cheaper at the moment. UAKM & pandora are your best buy. the earlier 2 games would probably not look that good on a bigger monitor.
overseer will run on win 10 but it does need tweaking.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town