Grim Fandango Remastered

I finished this game about two weeks ago. Overall, I really liked it and glad I finally got around to playing it. It's got terrific characters, great settings and I really appreciated all the homages to classic noir. Even the Glottis character was great despite at first coming across as a morbidly obese Jar Jar Binks.

I suppose the only thing I had a complaint with were some of the puzzles/solutions. Given the more comedic nature of the game, it required you to adopt a cartoon logic when solving problems. To be honest, that kind of took me out of the game because when there were moments with emotional gravity and key changes in the plot, the more comedic stuff felt like a distraction.

Was it the best adventure game of all time as critics would have you think? No. In fact, I wouldn't even say it was Schaffer's best. But it's still definitely up there with some of the timeless adventure games. It's also a game that DOES NOT need a sequel. I really don't see where there's room for it. The final moments of the game, the final line of dialogue signs it off perfectly. Please, leave it there. Give us Full Throttle 2 instead.