Grim Fandango Remastered

Chandler wrote:Sheesh, the people of Florence must be some of the cheapest penny pinchers anywhere. How much more could it have possibly cost to just paint out 'Mall' completely? Not much me thinks.
Hey! Budgets are tight. It was a creative and humorous solution.
Never too late for coffee, never too early for beer.
Must be a Kentucky thing..... not so funny in my area :P
LOL! OK, I can see where it would be cost effective to change one letter.

However, I just can't take that place seriously when I go by there. It's like being a player in a D&D game and you gotta take the fireswamp or go through the eerie graveyard with a water tower with a friendly "Y'all!" sigh that just REEKS of I'm gonna kill your character off...

*G!*

Good thing I'm not a city official, I'd have climbed that tower and whitewashed it. Annndd worried about getting arrested later. Think of it: I'd be a local hero!! woo-hoo! :wink:
One Mean, Green-Eyed Fitch.
GAH! COME ON, TUESDAY!

...We're almost to Rubacava!

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
Fred Buer wrote:GAH! COME ON, TUESDAY!

...We're almost to Rubacava!

-Fred
Say, whhhaaaattttt?!?
I am saying Grim Fandango Remastered will be out on GOG.com the 27th of this month. Which, at the time of writing, is tomorrow.

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
Oh yeah! I forgot that was a destination in the game.

Tomorrow, tomorrow... I'll love ya, tomorrow!!

(I might be short like a kid, but someone else wear the red wig!)
Ah!! Its out!! and its 6am and i have bin awake the whole night waiting and im tierd.. what to do.. soldier on or wait even more.. aah.. my eyes.. must say awake to see the intro atleast..
;)

You wore the red wig, didn't you? LOL!

I knew a fellow from Sweden a long time ago. Nice fellow, we had NIN in common and traded music via an old IM, I've since forgotten it's name. His name was Johnny. Always wanted to see his homeland, but I've never been out ofthe states.

Personally, my choice now is Iceland or Scotland. As much as I b**ch about freezing cold, I still want to see these places for some weird reason. I'll bet Norway has some lovely features to see as well.
Iceland is devoid of trees. Scotland's pretty good; it's got castles. But Norway might just be the most scenic country in the northern hemisphere.

Just google image search Norway and you'll get a few snapshots to give you an indication.

-Fred
Norway is beautiful, but I would have to say the both Canada and the USA are more scenic. That's mainly because they have so many different environments: from mountains to deserts to seashore to vast forests to volcanoes to gigantic lakes to swamps to so much more....

Mind you, there are beautiful, breath-taking vistas all over the world. Earth is truly a diverse place. :)
Fred Buer wrote:Iceland is devoid of trees. Scotland's pretty good; it's got castles. But Norway might just be the most scenic country in the northern hemisphere. -Fred
Now, seeing no trees would rattle me. I've got three massive maple trees around my home, and I love having them here. So no trees, on an entire island contry, just seems very weird.
Haha spoken like a true norwegian Fred ;)

Well i have bin to america, and seeing no trees isent hard.. one trip to Nevada and whopla no trees.. some bushes and shrubs but i cant recall seeing any trees :P
I remember this well because when we drove into Arisona to see the grand canion i was remarking on all the trees :P onley place in california we saw trees was when we drove highway 1
and as allways, everything is big in america :)
On a sidenot.. we saw allot of beutiful scenary when we were there but since everything is so bloody big and the roads a so massivly long and straight the scenery quicley became dull.. im sorry but its true.. its extremly dull driving in america (or atleast California, Nevada and Arisona) to be spesific i remember a beutiful moment where we were driving and there were wheat fields on both sides the sun was shining to ouer right and a thunderstorm roling in on ouer left, a lonley mountain far in the horizon. i thought to myself wow now i know what a postcard perfect moment is. however the moment was broken after an houer and the scenery was identical. it was like we hadent moved, and i was driving in 70 mph.

To save you Yanks (and other nationalities) a whole lot of money, go watch "Trolljegeren" or as you guys say Trolhunter, its out on netflix for thoes who have it. Its a good comedy with some spectacular views.

Eventhough geographical discussion is fun and all, this tread is about Grim, and since its allready bin out a whole day.

What do you guys make of the "remasterd" edition?
personaly i think its a bit sloppy.. ok they fixed the lighting and mad the characters look nicer.. but i found the texture of the backgrounds really popping out. like i could see the pixels.. i played the original a few months back and cant remember they looked that obvious.
I have onley got to play it for half an houer and is still in year one, hopfuly its better in Rubacava :)

Thoughts?
Dread, I've never been to Callifornia. Got some in-laws that love Arizona, but I'd rather not have hot sand stuck to my butt. So I'll stick to being in Indiana. Just a personal opinion, though.

And I haven't gotten the remastered Grim Fandango yet. It's on a GOG wishlist right now. Until I've gotten my son's birthday out of the way, I won't be buying much for myself for a bit longer. But soon. Even if it is subpar to expectations, I'll probably still get it just so I can play it again. I've a box of old games out in my garage (Yeah, I want them at my desk instead) hidden behind Honda motorcycle parts and everyone else's bicycles. I'll probably end up in a nursing home before I see them again...
Last edited by Chandler on March 03, 2015 • 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OK, so I bought Grim Fandango Remastered from GoG a couple of days ago. My wife and I started playing it. We've gotten to Year 2 but I have to say we're not likely to finish the game.

We are both pretty unimpressed with GF. We find many of the puzzles nonsensical, irrelevant to the storyline, and just plain weird. GoG has a 30 day money back guarantee, but it appears to only apply to not being able to get games running. I've opened a support ticket asking if it applies to games you don't want too.

On the plus side, some of the dialog is amusing, and the graphics aren't as bad as I feared, but not enough to overcome the downsides.

Sorry guys but, for us, this one's a turd.