Question to James

James, could you create Tex Murphy Guest Book? It will be possible to post a message and leave his (her) e-mail address.
Truly yours,
Alexander.
(С уважением,
Александр).
Guest books... Wow, you're taking me back to the 90's here, Alexander. I remember those. Went extinct somewhere around the time people started emigrating from Geocities, I believe.

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
yeah right, when spammers get through they can view all email addresses.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
plumgas wrote:yeah right, when spammers get through they can view all email addresses.
Lynn, if you afraid spam bots, don't post messages.
Truly yours,
Alexander.
(С уважением,
Александр).
at times we get a lot of spammers who setup accounts here & we have to delete them . I remember logging in one day & there was about 60 posts as as fast as I deleted them more would appear. Now James has installed some more filters that has stopped this happening.
But at times a selected few manage to setup accounts.

so having email address made available is not a good idea.
Lynne
Lynne,

I had no idea that's why those were gone.
One Mean, Green-Eyed Fitch.
They're a great idea if you're really lonely and want to receive 400 of more SPAM emails every day to keep you company. :lol:
Guys, you don't have spam protected e-mail addresses?
Truly yours,
Alexander.
(С уважением,
Александр).
Alexander wrote:Guys, you don't have spam protected e-mail addresses?
You're missing the point. Guestbooks make it possible for spammers to easily harvest tons of email addresses. Then they start sending out SPAM mail using your address, and the addresses of others they've harvested. IOW, they pretend to be you. I don't know about you, but I don't want friends and family receiving SPAM supposedly sent by me.

No SPAM filter is perfect, particularly when the email supposedly comes from people you know.
Create e-mail address under www.mail.ru. You can mark messages "It's a spam". They will be blocked. You can delete e-mail address anytime.
Truly yours,
Alexander.
(С уважением,
Александр).
Alexander wrote:Create e-mail address under http://www.mail.ru. You can mark messages "It's a spam". They will be blocked. You can delete e-mail address anytime.
I have no idea how that is supposed to be any better than the SPAM filters in other email software.
Thanks for the suggestion, Alex – but for all the reasons that have been listed, I'm not inclined to add a guestbook to the site at this time. Besides, posting on the message board is nearly the same as signing a guestbook...but better! :)
James, your avatar makes you look like a college profesor type.

Though I really don't want to be nosy, what is your profession?
One Mean, Green-Eyed Fitch.
...James is not really a police officer. He just plays one on TV.

-Fred
Pirates, vampires, zombies, ninjas, ghouls, aliens, goblins, monsters, robots, sorcerers, undead, werewolves, demons, mutated dinosaur-cyborgs and those pesky phone salesmen! The shotgun is a one-size-fits-all solution!
it was just a photo he did for the game
Lynne