Salt Lake Comic Con 2013

Wondering if anyone here will be able to attend.

At the last minute I decided to check it out and will hopefully be able to attend the panel.

Plus I am seeking for a great question to pose the group.

Best regards,
KvE

PS I'll try to keep some notes of what is discussed.
Politics is like a corral. No matter where you are you will always be shoveling it.
there is few going, lucky you
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Trapped in a hotel for work, very, very far from Salt Lake.

Enjoy it guys!
Part-Time Nomad
So great that they could hold a stand in SLC. Such a shame I'm half a world away, but glad that so much is being done and so many people have been able to get involved. I hope that SLC really get into a team from their own city and buy a copy of the game to support the gang.
David
For the millionth time: it sucks that work and money would not allow me to go to the SLC Comic Con. fffffffffff :cry:

As for Big Finish being on the home team, I took out an ad in the Uni. of Utah newspaper during the Kickstarter. It wasn't cheap, but I think it was worth it. Big Finish should buy an ad too when the game is released in all major SLC newspapers. Pricey, but worth a shot.
Last edited by KMFDMvsEnya on September 08, 2013 • 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It was a great panel and for me ended too soon.

Several topics discussed were how KS enabled them to make the game, the ups and downs of the experience, gratitude for the amazing dedication and work done by fans to spread the word and vastly improve the funding.

Three new actors were in attendance and they offered some nice insights with their experience shooting and with the shear awesomeness of the BFG team.

Also addressed on the tech side was how great working with Unity has been but also some of the technological hurtles they have had to surmount to achieve their goals.

Mat aka Cubase, please correct me if I am recalling erroneously, had to create some custom solutions for motion tracking within engine for the FMV compositing.

His work looks excellent. Doug's art assets look great as well.

We were treated to a nice lengthy 'trailer' that will be released to Backers at a later time.
It was all very cool and left me extremely excited for the game. Anticipation is excruciating.

Aside note in its current edit I feel it is best for long time fans. I imagine it will be trimmed down for general consumption. Also I saw Jen's cameo. :}

I briefly spoke with Redcat and Jen, along with a few others. All great people. Wish I had chatted more with fans in attendance but I wanted to speak with AC and AC briefly before they left, as well I had another panel I was attending later.

It is a great time to be a Tex fan and a great opportunity to continue spreading the word.

Best Regards
KvE
Politics is like a corral. No matter where you are you will always be shoveling it.
Your question was GREAT! The very one I would have asked myself! It was wonderful seeing you again, even if it was only for a little while.
Did any of you take pictures of the panel and can you share them?
kevin_y wrote:Did any of you take pictures of the panel and can you share them?
I have posted some on the backer board for BFG in the Blog section, and some to the Big Finish Facebook page, and some to the Telsa Effect backers group on FB. I hope to consolidate and repost soon.
Bests!
Yes, you are spot on!

Also, it was GREAT meeting you! You posed a fantastic question! One of the most interesting of all! Thanks so much for popping by and saying hi! I hope to see you again soon!

-Cub. =o)
Kevin_y, I did take several pictures but I imagine the best ones were taken by Jen. She has a great eye and nice camera, my humble camera is best suited for well-lit scenarios.

Great to see you again Jen and cool to meet you Cubase. It would be excellent to meet with you folks again. Next time you are in the SLC area, let me know and we could synchronize watches and meet up.

Thank you for kind the comments about my question, I was quite surprised and pleased that each panelist had a great response.

Glad it was a good one and others will get to enjoy their responses soon as well.

Best regards,
KvE

PS Also cool to have been acknowledged in two blog posts. ;}