What kind of wheels do you have?

Good one, Frank. A while back we started an involved Tex fan-fic and got about half way through when it just seemed to have lost steam (actually, I lost steam). Anyway, in one scene Tex was being tailed and chased in his speeder when the police became involved. Tring to come up with an interesting and humorous acronym, I called them the Air Police Emergency Squad, aka APES.
"If you look to me for illumination, you better have a flashlight!"
i drive a Honda S2000 and a Honda Civic as my daily/winter car....S2000 is amazing...i read somewhere above someone esle had one. Great car! I put a CR wing on mine and just added K&N air intake system.
Hiya Menacexp... Welcome to our wonderful community... Do stick around and enjoy some good conversation...
Where to do you hail from??? We have members from all over the globe here...

I see you joined a long time ago... Good to see you've decided to post and join us...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
black honda jazz, only think good about a black car is when you buy & sell it.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
plumgas wrote:black honda jazz, only think good about a black car is when you buy & sell it.
And Wash It, because it at least looks pretty for about an hour... :lol:
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

I don't feel good even washing it.

why did I buy black............well it was the only colour in stock.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Last edited by sam10100 on June 30, 2010 • 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey I know how you feel. I used to have a black Chevy Malibu. It was hot as hell during the summer times. Felt like a was sitting in an oven and sometimes the A/C just wasn't strong enough to overcome it.

Yeah forget about washing it. It never looked clean.
Samantha

Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.
Menacexp wrote:i drive a Honda S2000 and a Honda Civic as my daily/winter car....S2000 is amazing...i read somewhere above someone esle had one. Great car! I put a CR wing on mine and just added K&N air intake system.
I think that was probably my post. I used to have an AP1 and it was the best car I've ever owned. I'm still spending money and time trying to get my current car (an e90 330i) to feel as much like the S2000 as possible. One day, if the planets align, I'll have another S2K.

By the way, if you haven't checked it out already, you might want to check out the S2000 Club of America (www.s2kca.com). They're a great group with a wealth of knowledge about the S2000.
I just bought a black Nissan Sentra. It was kind of funny, when I went to buy it I went with my dad and he brought an advertisement for the dealership. On the advertisement there was a 2010 Nissan Sentra for 8,500. We ask about it and it's used, and it already has 76,000 miles on it. A 2010 car with over 70 thousand miles. Was this a taxi cab? Drug runner? It took me seven years to put 50,000 miles on my old car.
My blog:
http://nvracar.wordpress.com/
8,500 for a 2010 model? Damn, I clearly live in the wrong country :)

In Denmark the car prices are insane. My Ford Focus from December 2004 which had 184,000 KM (114,332 miles) on it at the time I bought it, cost me 105,000 DKK (17,326 USD). And that was a cheap car compared to others of same brand and approx. age.

If I were to buy a new car of the same brand, I would have to pay 277,000 DKK (45,742 USD) without any additional stuff.

As a side note I / my wife normally drive(s) about 25,000 KM (15,500 miles) a year.
Vracar wrote:I just bought a black Nissan Sentra. It was kind of funny, when I went to buy it I went with my dad and he brought an advertisement for the dealership. On the advertisement there was a 2010 Nissan Sentra for 8,500. We ask about it and it's used, and it already has 76,000 miles on it. A 2010 car with over 70 thousand miles. Was this a taxi cab? Drug runner? It took me seven years to put 50,000 miles on my old car.
That's an insane amount of miles. When I bought my 2006 330i, it was coming off of lease and had 27,xxx miles. I've had it about 7 months and am up to around 34,000 miles, which is pretty typical for me. I've had a couple of long trips, but I usually put around 1,000 miles per month on my car.
That's more than me. I do about 800 miles a month. Every once in a while I'll get up to 850 a month but that's a splurge.
Samantha

netroam wrote: In Denmark the car prices are insane. My Ford Focus from December 2004 which had 184,000 KM (114,332 miles) on it at the time I bought it, cost me 105,000 DKK (17,326 USD). And that was a cheap car compared to others of same brand and approx. age.

If I were to buy a new car of the same brand, I would have to pay 277,000 DKK (45,742 USD) without any additional stuff.
Holy Hell that's Insane, 45 Grand for a Ford Focus??? You know it would cost about 20 grand cheaper for you to send me the money to buy it for you and then ship it to Denmark...
I can get a Ford Focus {New} for around 16K {19K or 20K fully loaded} and ship it for probably around 8K... So round it out to 25K or 30K... 15 to 20 grand cheaper... That's just crazy...

Got a few houses for sale in my neighborhood if you want to move here Netroam... lol

Haha, Baf ... Thanks for the offer :) Unfortunately we won't be able to get any benefit from buying a car in another country. If I could do that, I would just drive 60 km south to Germany and buy a cheap car there. It's the fact that when I register the car in Denmark in order to drive on Danish plates ... THAT'S when the biiiig bucks come into play. We have to pay a registration fee which is as follows (and hold on):

105% of the car's value up to 79,000 DKK (13,243 USD) and 180% of the rest.

And the size of this registration fee of course depends on which model, year, usage and all that - but all in all ... it's expensive to buy a car in Denmark :)
I guess they really don't want you to drive in Denmark. Do you guys at least have a public transportation alternative?
Samantha