Finished TCM? Discuss here! SPOILERS!

Last edited by Jen on May 09, 2009 • 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I have to say this was an amazing game. I'm curious about other peoples choices and reactions so I'll post my questions and voice my answers. But I'm all for free flowing dialogue, so anything goes.

What ending did you get? And what cards did you choose?

I won, defeating Ylli. The two cards I chose were the Wheel of Fortune, and the Moon. They both had ties to Celeste and the "Gift", so that was my reasoning. The Moon card wasn't very strong, a 2 star, but I thought it best, plus I thought they were linked.

What puzzles were your favorite and which one's busted your chops?

My favorite puzzle was definitely the cypher. I liked the 2 step process of it. Other puzzles I liked were the paper puzzle, and the film. THANK YOU for not having to rotate the pieces! The puzzles that kicked my butt were the star box (I never finished that) and the number, shiny gem puzzle. The ouija board was was tough, a lot of trial and error, but got them. The rotating runes one was fun, I'm blanking out about the rest. OH I never could find the final difference bewteen the 2 pictures. I could find all but one....
Oh, I played on easy mode too. (wussy, I know!)

Your favorite characters?

Of course, Merryman is at the top of the list, but Ylli was extremely creepy, I'd like to know more about him. Other fav's were Devlin Tellus, and Jess honey, be a little nicer to Daniel for God's sake. So snappy towards him... :lol:

Favorite moments?/ Lines?

"Let's flip over this card and see what happened to you in the minuret?" YIKES!!!!
"I quit working for Crawford the minute you walked into my office" YES! Can anyone else smell love triangle?

Questions?

Goodness, tons of them. If Gira is Jess's Great Aunt, did she have any children? I'm guessing by the family line, no. But if she's still alive (and I guess that's a if) , why would Jess be the only one that could face Crawford/Ylli? She should have the power of the "Order?"

Next one of course, is about the order. Was it once a large group, and now only a few? I'm guessing the order is a few hundred years old, based on the Salem Witch trial flashback.

Anyone else notice that if Jess is using her power, her flashback memory is in a dreamlike state? I could be wrong, but that was my impression.

My brains are a little foggy, so I guess I'll wrap up for now, but I'm eager to hear other opinions!!
Night!
Man you're fast! I've only just got to the glitch on chapter 2!
David
LOL I thought you said you were going to take your time Jen???
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Jen wrote:I have to say this was an amazing game. I'm curious about other peoples choices and reactions so I'll post my questions and voice my answers. But I'm all for free flowing dialogue, so anything goes.
Jen, you have me extremely worried as you stated in another thread that you intend to appreciate this like a fine wine. The time in which you finished this game is the equivalent of sculling a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon in twenty minutes! You must be quite the drinker ;)
I'm glad to join the discussion! :)

Since I had the possibility to play a review copy in advance, I had the time to reach two finales. When I defeated Ylli, I used The Hanged Man (Devin Tellus), the Moon (Celeste) and obviously the Star (Jess), considering that this "family reunion", so to speak, would be powerful enough. When I simply banished him, I used the Wheel of Fortune and - I don't remember clearly - maybe the Tarot connected to the Heaven.

I loved the cypher, the photo difference, the two boxes and the Ouija. I hated the calculator puzzle.

The man at the Heaven (I keep forgetting his name), but particularly: Daniel, Merryman and Jess.

Questions?

But if she's still alive (and I guess that's a if) , why would Jess be the only one that could face Crawford/Ylli? She should have the power of the "Order?"
Maybe she's too old to face Ylli. Or maybe she's far away, maybe beyond reality itself. Speculations: I don't know, but Gira is one of the most intriguing elements of the story, for me.
I'm guessing the order is a few hundred years old, based on the Salem Witch trial flashback.
I reckon the same thing. But I have no idea how large is the Order nowadays. Maybe they had a fall down after the whole Celeste/Ylli/Crawford affair?
I don't know what happened with my cards as I only had one card to choose. It gave me an option to choose 2 cards but it was the same card. Won anyway.

I think Jen was like me unable to stop playing it. Just waiting for the patch before I continue playing the second time around.

AndreaDraco83 I was reading some of your previous post re 3CTM in the early stages on another site & it seemed you have now changed your opinion about the game.

Was a big surprise to what you originally thought.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Not fair guys! Love you, but what the heck are you doing in this thread if you haven't finished the game! I didn't want to spoil the game for anyone, so I purposefully put a big SPOILER!!!

I'm going to edit my title and put a big STAY OUT message!!! :x

2nd, my history of insomnia is well documented :( , and I'm not sorry if I did little else than work a bit, nap and play 3 cards since release time. It's been years since radio theatre. I was eager. 8)

The little voice inside my head just kept telling me, one more chapter, that's it, just one, and then you'll eat, rest, etc. I couldn't help it!!

I don't feel I rushed it! I replayed many of the cut scenes over, especially the ones with the overlap, just to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Plumgas, when you choose your cards, there's a left/right arrow somewhere on the screen that cycles through all the cards you've chosen in the game, and their meaning or link in the story. FYI to you if you replay it or anyone else who hasn't finished it is SNOOPING in here!
AndreaDraco83 wrote:I'm glad to join the discussion! :)

Since I had the possibility to play a review copy in advance, I had the time to reach two finales. When I defeated Ylli, I used The Hanged Man (Devin Tellus), the Moon (Celeste) and obviously the Star (Jess), considering that this "family reunion", so to speak, would be powerful enough. When I simply banished him, I used the Wheel of Fortune and - I don't remember clearly - maybe the Tarot connected to the Heaven.

I loved the cypher, the photo difference, the two boxes and the Ouija. I hated the calculator puzzle.

The man at the Heaven (I keep forgetting his name), but particularly: Daniel, Merryman and Jess.

Questions?

But if she's still alive (and I guess that's a if) , why would Jess be the only one that could face Crawford/Ylli? She should have the power of the "Order?"
Maybe she's too old to face Ylli. Or maybe she's far away, maybe beyond reality itself. Speculations: I don't know, but Gira is one of the most intriguing elements of the story, for me.
I'm guessing the order is a few hundred years old, based on the Salem Witch trial flashback.
I reckon the same thing. But I have no idea how large is the Order nowadays. Maybe they had a fall down after the whole Celeste/Ylli/Crawford affair?
Oh, good choices for cards! I like.

Sidney, Sydney (sp) was the man in the Haven.
I finished on challenger mode (the middle one) and used the Hanged Man and Wheel of Fortune to defeat Ylli. I thought the story was good, the puzzles were good, and can't wait for the sequel. I had trouble with the puzzle that had fill in the blanks. I got all the words but one, thinking that a printed "u" was an "a" and could NOT figure out what the word could be. Drove me crazy enough that I finally passed. Felt like a total idiot when I saw my mistake. LOL It was good to hear "Tex" again and see all the fedoras. I do hope we get a Tex sequel. This just made me want another game that much more... :)
plumgas wrote: AndreaDraco83 I was reading some of your previous post re 3CTM in the early stages on another site & it seemed you have now changed your opinion about the game.
I've changed my mind completely. I feared that 3CM would be just another Hidden Object game, with a random list of objects to find amongst the mess and little to no integration of gameplay and story...

... You can't imagine how glad I am to have been proved wrong! :D

I defeated Ylli first time, a little disappointed that I couldn't rechoose my cards. Chose Moon and the Wheel of Fortune, they seemed really obvious. I'll be going back to play Gamer mode once they work out if my video bug is just my computer or something easily fixed to see the others.

What puzzles were your favourite and which one's busted your chops?

I disliked the Ouija board ones, but loved the rest. My favourites were the stones with the spinning. The astrological one in the restaurant was a little annoying, simply because I ended up doing it about 5 times and the rotation was slow (I tried various things out to see if I could improve scores, eventually settling on replaying the chapters, but I tried replaying the cards first to no avail).

Your favourite characters?

Yes, Merryman due to Chris' voice. I also sympathized with Ylli a bit, and hope he comes back in the sequel with the chance to heal him emotionally.

Don't really have one.

Questions?

What actually happens in the survive-not-defeat ending? Also, if you choose poorly and lose, do you get another chance?

Other stuff?

Really great game all told! It also feels weird to finally sign up for this board... I've been lurking on and off for many years now.
Hi everyone, so nice to find you all here, spreading the love!

Well, I too finished the game last night and I must admit that I had one hell of a time! An overall excellent game, engrossing and addictive, with just a couple of minor flaws here and there. It could have been a bit longer and contain more puzzles than word hunting. But my main concern is the fact that -in the end- it left me with a bitter-sweet taste...Mainly because of the story and some plot holes.

Although the story started out to be fantastic,from my personal point of view, it just didn't live up to it's high standards. Many of my questions are similar to the ones Jen stated. Gira? I think at some point Crawford says that she IS alive, but there is very little info about her. Also, what happened to the assassin? What exactly is going on between Crawford and Ylli? Are they one entity, or seperate ones? And if they are seperate, what happened to Crawford? Anyway, I might play the game one more time to see if any of my questions get answered!

What ending did you get?
Hmmm... I simply survived, although I can't remember which cards I chose, mainly because I had a 3star score on almost all of them.

My favorites were the Cypher, the photo differences, and the paper/film puzzles (Jen, I am guessing that the one differnce you couldnt find in the two photos were the stair steps, it took me ages to find that one!). The one puzzle I hated was the one with the calculator (the only puzzle I skipped), simply because I just couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do.

Tough one... I will have to say Devin Tellus. Especially if we consider his motives and the great sacrifice he endured to save his daughter.

Anyway, the journey was great, I loved almost every moment of the game, can't wait for the next one!!!

PS. My thanks to Aaron and Chris -not only for making this little gem- but for truly respecting their fans and customers. I have never seen such great support: Only two days after the release of the game, the managed to fix the glitch problem and give us a patch. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is a premium example of the way everyone in this business should work.
yes how often do you find a site where you can get a reply from the guy's that wrote the game. These guy's are one of a kind.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Game finished ! :D

I had begun in Normal mode but after the end of chapter 2 bug, I played also in Easy mode.
After the patch was released, I played a chapter in Easy then in Normal mode.
I had usually 2-3 stars (in some cases 4 but it was the second play in Normal).

Easy : I won, defeating Ylli with the Hanged Man (Devin) and the Wheel of Fortune (the Gift).
Normal : I decided to change to see the outcome. I survived with the Hanged Man (Devin) and the Moon (Celeste).

The puzzles were not that difficult.
My favorites are the most difficult : Star box (silver and black) and the 24 gem star puzzles.
When I found the solution of the Gem star, I had to cry NO!!! when the medallion appeared. I did not make a screenshot so I had to do it again (should have done it on a paper).
It took me some time to find the 12 errors in the photos comparison. I was happy that there was not another one.
I liked also the negative puzzle because I was good at it.

Merryman. Celeste too, because she was mysterious.
Jessica could have been done better I think. She lacks something, thouhj I know not what.

Well, the favorite moments were when i found a good word association ! Not always easy when you're not English/American/Australian.
I liked it when the cards were turned on the final chapters : it was scripted but it worked storywise.
I don't have any favorite line. The story was great. I appreciated that it was a coherent story and it "flowed" naturally.

Comments
- The description of the Wheel of Fortune was disclosing too much things : it was ahead of the story because it had answers that would appear later in the game.
- Some objects were not easily recognizable : match, onion, radish, egg... Fortunately, there were the hints !
- Tou cannot play again the final chapter and try different cards. Too bad. I don't want to play 10 complete games to try the different combinations. I'll play the game in Hard level, though.
Last edited by Jen on May 10, 2009 • 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NikolasFigaro wrote:Hi everyone, so nice to find you all here, spreading the love!

Although the story started out to be fantastic,from my personal point of view, it just didn't live up to it's high standards. Many of my questions are similar to the ones Jen stated. Gira? I think at some point Crawford says that she IS alive, but there is very little info about her. Also, what happened to the assassin? What exactly is going on between Crawford and Ylli? Are they one entity, or seperate ones? And if they are seperate, what happened to Crawford? Anyway, I might play the game one more time to see if any of my questions get answered!

Tough one... I will have to say Devin Tellus. Especially if we consider his motives and the great sacrifice he endured to save his daughter.

Anyway, the journey was great, I loved almost every moment of the game, can't wait for the next one!!!

PS. My thanks to Aaron and Chris -not only for making this little gem- but for truly respecting their fans and customers. I have never seen such great support: Only two days after the release of the game, the managed to fix the glitch problem and give us a patch. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is a premium example of the way everyone in this business should work.

I agree. Aaron's support has been second to none, and James too. I was totally amazed at their timeliness and help. Quite unheard of!

Nikolas, I am with you in the Ylli/Crawford connection. When Celeste said "I wish you had never been born" all I saw was Crawford and her at the table. Was Ylli in the background? Was Ylli "channeling" Crawford? And since Ylli said Celeste "chose to die", did she kill herself to save the secrets that she might have guessed towards the end? Or did Crawford/Ylli kill her? And if you do kill your Mom, who sacrificed so much for you...that's messed up! :o
And BTW, I think Crawford is the controlling factor over Ylli, but now that the little monster came of age...who knows!

The order, the connection and transfer of powers, and Gira ( which I have a wacky half baked theory of, one that will remain only in my brain for now), I hope are all addressed in Dead Time. I have to think that 3 Cards is the first part of the Story Arc, the proverbial "wading into the waters."
And man....those waters look deep!!!

Thanks so much for posting Nikolas! From Greece? Wow, our international community is vast! We should get the google map thingy to pin where everyone is from!!!

Hugs!
Jen