Its already been pirated... sad...

so you didn't have jess repeating herself after the puzzel & then on the next screen. At the end of chapter 2 there was a card puzzle adding up to 21, everyone didn't get that puzzle. That's what the patch fixed.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
No I got none of those bugs. Got the card puzzle fine. Was the puzzle with the screen of cards for the password. It's weird how Real Arcades version doesnt seem to have the bugs in it.
Tex Murphy: Australia
http://www.texmurphyaustralia.net/wp
well that's funny isn't it. The email I received this morning

Some people who have downloaded Three Cards to Midnight from http://www.bigfinishgames.com/ have reported a bug that causes the game to skip puzzles at the end of chapters. We have fixed this problem and created a patch for you to download.

Why didn't you download it from aaron any reason.
Lynne
Having a problem with paypal account. So bought directly through Real Arcade... It all goes back to Aaron and co anyway.
Plum, I don't think everyone had this bug - Aaron mentioned that they'd tested it themselves without this problem, so maybe the way it was played out didn't have the glitch if you did something in a different order.

Baf - true that there will always be workarounds, but if you put something that kind of gives people who bought it a reason to be happy to have done so, and at the same time something that will make others feel guilty, could that work? I guess it will depend on the individual.
David
actually aaron said they thought the fixed the problem in chapter 4 & didn't know chapter 2 was effected.
Lynne
But it mustnt of been happening for them and the beta testers if it was picked up as from what i understand its hard to miss. But yeh I've had no trouble with it, which is strange but ah well :)
Just to give you an idea of what it's like for indie developers out there right now:
http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2009/05/ ... r_cla.html
This is really sick, i heard some numbers on pirated (retail) adventure games on the german market, and especially considering that the adventure market is a complete niche market already, it´s just horrible if you see the relation between sales and thievery. But just like others already said, i guess there isn´t really anything you can do about it. :(
Yeah, it's disheartening. It's important, though, not to look at those 95% as lost sales though. Probably 75% of those people wouldn't play the game at all if they couldn't pirate it. They just aren't interested enough to part with their money. But some of those people after playing it might be turned onto it and spread the word about it, which in turn raises the game's profile.

So it IS costing them a lot of money and it's a shame they can't fight it better, but you can't look at it like they're making 5% of what they would. It's probably more like they're making 25% of what they would. Still crummy.
As a long-time Tex Murphy fan (and new "Three Cards" franchise fan), I'm sad that this game got pirated. Knowing how badly us fans have wanted to see a new Tex Murphy game, for so long, seeing the financial success of this new franchise get limited isn't going to help things.

I'll admit I usually get my "free preview" copy of a game, if I know nothing about it and there isn't a good demo out, to let me judge the quality. A lot of times, I don't end up buying the game, as a lot of games are utter garbage and knock-offs of a once-great game, or genre...and I don't play beyond five minutes in. However, those few games I did enjoy, I did go and either buy a licensed copy of the game, or somehow find a way to send money to the developer.

However, I bought the newest game from Aaron and Chris, "sight unseen", knowing it'd probably be good. Sure enough, it was. I spent about 5 hours (in a row) playing and finishing the game. It had a good storyline and pretty cool puzzles. I'm hoping people who pirated the game and found value in it, buy a license. At the very least, hopefully those people who didn't pay to play, start talking about Big Finish Games, Three Cards, and, hopefully, bring up Tex Murphy again...to get the word out about these great games, so perhaps future sales will be made down the road.
If it is on torrent, than it is no chance to stop it. There you can find AAA titles with broken pirat protection. We must only pry for proper pepole, which will buy it and dont download from torrent.
Once it is Pirated period there is no stopping it, doesn't matter if it's on Torrent or not... Once someone takes that step it's all over... But so far it seems that people are still buying it, so that's a good thing at least...

I'm still waiting for Overseer to be finished and released on GOG so I can buy all 5 of them at one time... Every little bit to help Project Fedora...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Pirating is not right but putting too much copy protection is not good either for paying customers majority of people that download pirated versions are either people that would never buy the game anyway or people that can't afford to. Shelling out the money was tight for me but I wanted to support a good gaming company and I was not disappointed.
Lets just hope that 3 Cards To Dead Time holds out a bit longer before it gets Pirated...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...