Three Cards To Midnight - Teaser Trailer

Game Informer would be a good place to get an Article into as well...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...


Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Jen wrote:Here's a thought. How about not judging it into you find out more?? If you don't remember, SLC is in the heart of Mormon country. Chris doesn't drink or smoke. UAKM at it's base was about an evil, Nazi like cult trying to destroy the earth, saved by an unlikely hero. What do you think they're planning?

Sorry to be cranky here, but goodness sakes, what do you make them out to be???
How about a little trust???


.......end crankiness...........
deleted
joliet_jane wrote:
McDonis wrote: Maybe this would be more fun:
Image
Oh man, I adore Card Captor Sakura (not the highly edited Cardcaptors which was on mainstream TV). I have the whole uncut series (about 18 DVDs) and the films. Its one of my favourite anime.

Anyway I don't think I'd be into it if the whole gameplay revolved around a card game system. But from the blurb in the trailer it sounds more like a mystery adventure which spirals back to supernatural powers stemming from cards instead. Can't wait to find out though what the gameplay really will be. And even if it was a card game, I'd still promote it as I'm sure many others would enjoy it instead.
(Ruri_Ayanami from the old Tex Murphy ezboard).
"I don't believe in intuition, don't know why... just a feeling." - Tex Murphy
I'm excited... Sort of feels like when we were getting info plus trailers etc for Overseer all those 10 years ago... Wow! :D


- Chris Marsland
Tex Murphy: Australia
http://www.texmurphyaustralia.net/wp
lotus_j wrote:I talked to a couple guys at game spot and I'm going to send them an email when the web site goes live. The IGN/Game Spot system is hard to manipulate from inside so no worries if you're unsuccesful in doing more than a feature article that doesn't even get highlighted. Just find the guys there who remember the Tex games and loved them. You'll find them and find the biggest one there (by name not fandom) and make sure they're excited and set to review the upcoming game. That is the best way to go about it.

Any pre-release PR is good PR. A great review and people at the sites playing the game and loving it means a shot for awards at the end of the year. The game coming out in November puts it in a spot where it could win some things at year's end and get the extra push it needs to sell some copies.
I talked to Aaron a bit and if I can time the article well (maybe along with the website or some official news, OR package it with first screens or some kind of exclusive) I think I can get it decent positioning. I'm probably the biggest fan of the series among the writers, and while I don't normally write for the PC channel (I'm a retro channel guy mostly), maybe they'll let me take a crack at it. We'll see how things pan out.
That's pretty cool frog, glad you're taking your time to do this.
Travis Jacobs

"You might not sound so idiotic if there were at least something excitable in my post to begin with..." --Baf
Frogacuda wrote:
lotus_j wrote:I talked to a couple guys at game spot and I'm going to send them an email when the web site goes live. The IGN/Game Spot system is hard to manipulate from inside so no worries if you're unsuccesful in doing more than a feature article that doesn't even get highlighted. Just find the guys there who remember the Tex games and loved them. You'll find them and find the biggest one there (by name not fandom) and make sure they're excited and set to review the upcoming game. That is the best way to go about it.

Any pre-release PR is good PR. A great review and people at the sites playing the game and loving it means a shot for awards at the end of the year. The game coming out in November puts it in a spot where it could win some things at year's end and get the extra push it needs to sell some copies.
I talked to Aaron a bit and if I can time the article well (maybe along with the website or some official news, OR package it with first screens or some kind of exclusive) I think I can get it decent positioning. I'm probably the biggest fan of the series among the writers, and while I don't normally write for the PC channel (I'm a retro channel guy mostly), maybe they'll let me take a crack at it. We'll see how things pan out.
We need to contact William Trotter. He was a massive fan. He's still at PC Gamer too. I'm sure AC is already all over it, but I'll send an email that way too.
Are you sure he's at PC Gamer? I met their entire (4 person) staff a few months ago, and he wasn't among them. Maybe he's freelance. I do have some contacts with PC Gamer if he needs them, though.
Frogacuda wrote:Are you sure he's at PC Gamer? I met their entire (4 person) staff a few months ago, and he wasn't among them. Maybe he's freelance. I do have some contacts with PC Gamer if he needs them, though.
Last I knew he was there he writes an editorial every month (or used to). I suppose finding out where he's at should be a start. If the email bounces I'll know.
Wow, I can't wait! It reminds me to that old atmosphere... Watching the trailer took me back when I was 18 years old... :cry:
Anyone else finds the font used for the title is reminiscent of Bioshock? It's very 50's empiristic fantasy/horror. Think the game could be set in that era?
Part-Time Nomad
Frank wrote:Anyone else finds the font used for the title is reminiscent of Bioshock? It's very 50's empiristic fantasy/horror. Think the game could be set in that era?
Well if you recall in the radio theater (which had a heavy emphasis on tarot cards and the supernatural as well), there were often references to the past, or a past life, which was set during the war, which was right after the Art Deco period you are referring to (the font, the Bioshock'eqsue look)... so it could very well be set in the 20s to 50s period where Art Deco was prominent (1920 and 50s I mean, lol)... either that or that's when the cards were made, haha!

-Cub. =o)
Art Deco is what I was looking for. Thanks Cub! I know what it reminds me of, it's been ticking in the back of my brain for a while, and your post pushed it back all the way to the front. The art deco, the asylum, the tarot; it's Lovercraft I had in mind. Now I know why I was excited about the style, music and mystery/sanity theme!

Of course it may have nothing to do with the old master's style, and like you said, the cards just date from that era :P
Part-Time Nomad
I just love Art Deco.
Good use in another great game called Grim Fandango (I know I'm talking about it again...). :mrgreen:
sory 4 da spayling: im franch!

check my myspace before this site dies from his mutations ...
http://www.myspace.com/thetoycommander
Art Deco... yeah, that's what I was thinking of when I first saw the trailer, but couldn't quite put my finger on it.

If Art Deco does indeed turn out to be a big part of the mis en scene that would be perfect, because Art Deco is ugly, horrible, and repulsive. It's heavy, unemotional, unnatural, inhuman, and suggestive of ruin. What better way to put the player on edge than to make a setting in which s/he will constantly feel uncomfortable?