Three Cards To Midnight - Teaser Trailer

Nice atmosphere in the trailer but I really hope that the universe the story takes place in does not hold tarot cards and other supernatural bullshit as true. Meaning that although some people might believe they have any sort of magical power, just as in real life, ultimately it has no basis in reality. Otherwise if the whole story is revolved around the meaning of tarot cards I feel I’ll loose interest rather quickly, that’s just my personal preference.

I loved Tex Murphy sci-fi, although it was clearly imaginative it was at least plausible to a certain degree, a form of sci-fi with basis in reality. As far as I remember Tex didn’t subscribe to tarot cards or other supernatural nonsense. Bring back Tex :'( *cries*
VladTheImpaler wrote: I loved Tex Murphy sci-fi, although it was clearly imaginative it was at least plausible to a certain degree, a form of sci-fi with basis in reality. As far as I remember Tex didn’t subscribe to tarot cards or other supernatural nonsense. Bring back Tex :'( *cries*
Allow me refresh your memory:

Magic statuettes! (UAKM)
Magic stones! (MM)
Magic Mayan Temples! (Alien technology or not, Sci-Fi ≠ fireballs and stone puzzles) (PD)
God! (UAKM) (briefly in PD) Now that just cracks me up

Also.... Karma! (PD, heavily implied)
joliet_jane wrote:
VladTheImpaler wrote: I loved Tex Murphy sci-fi, although it was clearly imaginative it was at least plausible to a certain degree, a form of sci-fi with basis in reality. As far as I remember Tex didn’t subscribe to tarot cards or other supernatural nonsense. Bring back Tex :'( *cries*
Allow me refresh your memory:

Magic statuettes! (UAKM)
Magic stones! (MM)
Magic Mayan Temples! (Alien technology or not, Sci-Fi ≠ fireballs and stone puzzles) (PD)
God! (UAKM) (briefly in PD) Now that just cracks me up

Also.... Karma! (PD, heavily implied)
Lol, good point.

I hope people don't get hung up on the fact that this isn't tex. You'd think 10 years of sports titles would make this feel more than close enough.
Oh this is just pure sweetness. What an excellent surprise....
I am happy that this will get tex rolling if it is a success. I just hoping that it is, otherwise it will doom any chance of tex ever coming out....

I am definately keeping an open mind about the tarot thing.

Like i said before, chris and aaron have never made anything bad, so i'm optimisitic.
Matt
lestat666 wrote:I am definately keeping an open mind about the tarot thing.
The game isn't going to revolve around the Tarot cards, so you don't have to worry about that...

I think this will be an excellent game... And as long as we are able to get the word out and get enough people to buy it, then AC and CJ should be on their way back to the Fedora...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
I'm going into this game with no preconceived notions on story or plot or characters. Initially, I will be going into this game with the full support of AC and CJ. Once I get the game, I will then make up mind on it. will it be great? I do believe so because we all know what quality game and story we get when those two guys get together to work. Will it be a commercial success? Only the gaming community as a whole will decide that. But I think we can all agree that their tireless effort and hard work has already made it a success with everyone here in the little community.
"Some men aren’t looking for anything logical. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”
I just noticed... the silhouettes of the people falling from the tower in the card were nicked from the cover of MYST.

-Cub. =o)
Yeah I noticed the MYST copy too. But then, the game is still in production and I'm sure a lot of "place holders" are there for obvious reasons. That one must have slipped past :) kinda funny though.
Cubase wrote:I just noticed... the silhouettes of the people falling from the tower in the card were nicked from the cover of MYST.
No, no, it's an...uh... homage!
Hallo, all "core" Tex fans.
I am looking forward to new CJ&AC game, althrough less information I will buy it. Electronical distribution of game is good step, because in my cuntry will be no regular distributor.

Edit: Now I findout, that web pages of the game is active and full of information (I hope)
Paulino... Welcome to the Boards... Yes you've come at a great time, lots of excitement over this new game... I hope it is a great success...
Stick around and post with us, we talk about anything here...
The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...
Woah, can't believe it. Haven't visited this site in ages and to come back with this new game coming up!

I'm shocked/happy/thrilled/flabbergasted/amazed!

Can't wait to play this. Is it November already? :D
I think James should sent emails to everyone on the forum advising of this great news as there a lot of people who only log in now & again.
Lynne
tex murphy is back in town
Bafitis wrote:
lestat666 wrote:I am definately keeping an open mind about the tarot thing.
The game isn't going to revolve around the Tarot cards, so you don't have to worry about that...

I think this will be an excellent game... And as long as we are able to get the word out and get enough people to buy it, then AC and CJ should be on their way back to the Fedora...

If you look at the screenshots I believe tarot and the themes behind tarot are more than just minor in this game. Granted we only have limited info and perhaps the screenshots arent representative...

However it appears to me this is a MAJOR departure from the style of games made previously. I know someone (I believe Jen) said I should have more faith in Aaron and Chris since the previous games came from mormon country and the games reflected it. Even Aaron came out and commented saying its not a Tarot game. Well so far I see occult symbols, wegie board, tarot cards, and a general theme that centers around that world. Perhaps its not a tarot card game but tarot and the occult seem to be major themes.

I love Aaron and Chris but frankly right now I cant see anyway I would buy such a product...

I really hope this isnt the direction the intend to take from here out... Or that the images and info currently released isnt at all representative of this game.