Forum locked    This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.

simon1234
Post subject: I have a very crazy (and weird) idea!
Post Posted: Dec 26, 2008 5:47 pm

An old moped is stting at the back of my house for about 2 years. I have a very crazy (and weird) idea! First i'm gonna change an engine with a "little" stronger one hehe. :wink: And paint all black and print out this big lables witch would be sort of like the logo of this site. But it would say "THE OFFICAL TEX MURPHY MOPED". This is probably the most weird Tex idea yet but i dunno what to do with that moped. :P So what do you think would this be worth pulling off? :D

Bafitis
Post subject: Re: I have a very crazy (and weird) idea!
Post Posted: Dec 26, 2008 9:31 pm

simon1234 wrote:
"THE OFFICAL TEX MURPHY MOPED"

Sounds catchy, but in order to use the word Official, you would need permission from the Copyright Holders, that is why this site is called The UNOfficial Tex Murphy Website... So you would have to go with the same wording as James used for this site...
I mean you could use the word Official, I seriously doubt anyone would raise a stink about it if they were to see it...

But it would be nice if we could raise some publicity with stunts like that... Kind of like my Pumpkin from Halloween, I carved Tex Murphy into it because people kept saying it was Indiana Jones, but once I carved Tex Murphy PI in it people started asking questions, I'm pretty sure I perked some interest in quite a few people... I did get one guy who knew who Tex was, we ended up talking for about 15 minutes, his kids were getting all mad they wanted to keep Trick-or-Treating... I told him about the site, I don't know if he ever came to check it out or not though...

The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Can You Run Your Game??? Click Here And Find Out...

*Note, Not All Games Have Been Tested & Therefore May Not Be Listed...

simon1234
Post Posted: Dec 27, 2008 3:52 am

Bafitis wrote:
simon1234 wrote:
"THE OFFICAL TEX MURPHY MOPED"

Sounds catchy, but in order to use the word Official, you would need permission from the Copyright Holders, that is why this site is called The UNOfficial Tex Murphy Website... So you would have to go with the same wording as James used for this site...
I mean you could use the word Official, I seriously doubt anyone would raise a stink about it if they were to see it...

But it would be nice if we could raise some publicity with stunts like that... Kind of like my Pumpkin from Halloween, I carved Tex Murphy into it because people kept saying it was Indiana Jones, but once I carved Tex Murphy PI in it people started asking questions, I'm pretty sure I perked some interest in quite a few people... I did get one guy who knew who Tex was, we ended up talking for about 15 minutes, his kids were getting all mad they wanted to keep Trick-or-Treating... I told him about the site, I don't know if he ever came to check it out or not though...

Yep i also doubt that anyone would say anything if i would if i put the word offical on it. We'll see. :D

Bafitis
Post Posted: Jan 19, 2009 3:19 am

Hey Simon, did you go through with this??? If you did, you gotta Post Pics...

The Paved Straight Road, Won't Always Get You Farther Than The Winding Dirt Road...

Demonlawyer
Post Posted: Feb 01, 2009 4:17 am

Could you imagine Tex using a moped? or some kind of speeder moped?

David

Bafitis
Post Posted: Feb 01, 2009 2:55 pm

That would be too kewl if Tex was kickin' it on a SpeederBike... And have Chelsea as his Speeder Chick... Maybe we can persuade AC and CJ to do something like that when the New Project finally gets off the ground...

adninsreaction
Post Posted: Feb 15, 2009 3:54 pm

I'm still working on the first UNofficial Tex Murphy arcade game cabinet. Due to lack of funds, it will be awhile before it is finished. But when I do, I will be the envy of the site. Or, at least, the envy of my friends locally who know about Tex.

"Some men aren’t looking for anything logical. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”

Bafitis
Post Posted: Feb 15, 2009 4:29 pm

I got quotes on the Pinball machine, I need to get some Artwork and Audio Clips together... It's a bit pricey, so it might be a little while before that happens, but I have a maker who is willing to do it once I have all the basics I want for it and give him a sizable down payment of course...

Forum locked    This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Search for: