saj
Post subject: UAKM for Windows - Teaser
Post Posted: Apr 13, 2017 6:28 am

Hi everyone,

I finally got some time to continue my investigation of the old UAKM file formats, and just wanted to share my progress. Most location data is now decoded, so I've put together an exe to walk around in Tex' office.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gld5toui8tt3nif/WinTex-teaser.zip

Just unpack it to your UAKM folder and run it. Move around with arrow keys or WASD, use mouse to look around. No clipping, and page up/down or E/Q allows you to float through ceiling/floor.

Disclaimer: There is very little error handling implemented, and I'm new to DX11, so it might not work for everyone.

If you really want to check the other locations, just rename the appropriate file to TEXOFF.AP. Starting position will obviously be wrong, but it should work (possibly even with Pandora location files).

I've still got a lot left to figure out, how objects in the location map to scripts, location animations (doors & drawers), all the special modules (Crime Link/computers, safes, ferrelette, stasis etc) and script commands, so the next update may not be this year.

Baby steps...

-SAJ

harper
Post subject: Re: UAKM for Windows - Teaser
Post Posted: Apr 14, 2017 11:32 pm

Sounds amazing! Looking forward to it!

saj
Post subject: Re: UAKM for Windows - Teaser
Post Posted: Jun 12, 2017 2:40 am

I have just uploaded a new version.

A couple of things were easier than expected, other things still elude me.

WinTex teaser 2

It is now possible to look at things, open drawers and doors (you can exit to main street, go and speak with Chelsee), and pick stuff up. Right click while pointer is over interactive items to cycle through actions. No inventory yet, though. Should probably look into that next...

Still no clipping. I have found algorithms that work, but the logic around them need to be modified to allow sliding along a clipping path.

Btw, you can press space to skip video/audio, there's no need to sit through the title anim and new game anims every time.

Feedback/constructive criticism is appreciated.

-SAJ

Search for: